P170 and serverstart

All topics related to Server Products
Birger

P170 and serverstart

Postby Birger » Wed Sep 11, 2002 13:45

I have a Primegy 170 with a new D1107 motherboard(replaced), however when I try to install with serverstart (any version) I get the message "Serverstart is usable on Primergy systems only" I have BIOS 4.06 rev. 1.16.1107

Twodogs

Re: P170 and serverstart

Postby Twodogs » Wed Sep 11, 2002 15:20

What version of ServerStart have you tried?<P>

Birger

Postby Birger » Fri Sep 13, 2002 8:49

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Twodogs:<BR><B>What version of ServerStart have you tried?<P></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I have tried version 3.11 - 3.12 - 4.24 - 4.26

ToDa

Postby ToDa » Mon Sep 16, 2002 7:45

Hi Birger,<BR>it seems that the ServerStart do not recognize the right system type.<P>That can be a result of a broken or not plugged cable. Please check if all cables plugged in or any scratches on cables are visable.<P>The most important cable is called I2C-Bus, it´s plugged on the systemboard near the IDE connectors. For detailed information have a look to the manual of the systemboard. (http://manuals.fujitsu-siemens.com/dyna ... ergye/bios)<BR>Check if these cable plugged in on all connectors of the cable.<P>I hope my supposition was right [img]/talk2/ubb-files/smile.gif[/img]<P>best regards,<BR>ToDa<BR>

Birger

Postby Birger » Mon Sep 16, 2002 11:16

Hallo<P>I have found the sollution. You have to start with the Fujitsu-Siemens "Check & view diagnostic software disk". Here you can write the serial number under Pc identity in the BIOS. When you have done this, the ServerStart will recognise the server.

Return to “Server Products (archive)”