Econel 20 ide raid controller - no system disk

All topics related to Server Products
Tore

Econel 20 ide raid controller - no system disk

Postby Tore » Tue Aug 13, 2002 17:12

I try to install a Fujitsu Siemens ide raid controller on the econel 20.<BR>The raid controller is easy to configure in the server config, but after installing the initial windows 2000 server software, the machine boots, but no harddisk is found. If i start with a boot diskette, and run fdisk, no partitions can be found. <BR>No system disk.....<BR>I have tried to set the built in controller to both primary and secondary, but with no luck<P>Why?

ToDa

Re: Econel 20 ide raid controller - no system disk

Postby ToDa » Fri Aug 16, 2002 8:46

Hi Tore,<BR>if you try to start the system with a boot disk, you need special driver for the Promise controller on it.<P>How do you install the system ???<BR>- how configure RAID (built in tool)?<BR>- how install W2k (boot from W2k CD)?<P>The best way is to start from the provided ServerStart CD. This is a bootable CD and helps you to install the OS. All necessary drivers are installed automatically. You have only to follow step-by-step installation of the wizard.<P>best regards,<BR>ToDa<BR>

Tore

Re: Econel 20 ide raid controller - no system disk

Postby Tore » Mon Aug 19, 2002 7:34

Upgrade of bios resolved the problem<P>Tore<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tore:<BR><B>I try to install a Fujitsu Siemens ide raid controller on the econel 20.<BR>The raid controller is easy to configure in the server config, but after installing the initial windows 2000 server software, the machine boots, but no harddisk is found. If i start with a boot diskette, and run fdisk, no partitions can be found. <BR>No system disk.....<BR>I have tried to set the built in controller to both primary and secondary, but with no luck<P>Why?</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>

Return to “Server Products (archive)”