Primergy 470 BIOS Setting

All topics related to Server Products
frewys

Primergy 470 BIOS Setting

Postby frewys » Tue Jun 25, 2002 0:11

Cant find the setting latency for SCSI disk in BIOS.<BR>When I look in my manual I see More settings then I have in my Bios. Why is that?<BR>Thanks.

Re: Primergy 470 BIOS Setting

Postby » Tue Jun 25, 2002 1:22

The BIOS manual is for ALL bioses ever released. So you will see lots of options that are not in your BIOS but in the bios of other mainboards.<P>(it states that somewhere near the beginning!)

frewys

Postby frewys » Tue Jun 25, 2002 11:09

Thank You for your fast reply Juggernaut! [img]/talk2/ubb-files/smile.gif[/img]<BR>Oki but that still doesnt change the fact that I NEED to fix my latency problems! Got Way to much! anytime there is a bigger disk operation my computer reeze up for it to do its work. Should be a setting for this somewhere. Anykind of software ones? I know that WinXP wont let you connect directly with the hardware, but hey im despret [img]/talk2/ubb-files/wink.gif[/img]. There MUST be a way to fix PCI/SCSI latecy!!<P>

Postby » Mon Jul 08, 2002 10:46

Aaaah, that is what you mean. No, I know of no BIOSes which net you set latencies like this manually. So officially you should contact FSC Support and tell them to fix this (or better, include such an option).<P>Try an other BIOS version (older/newer)<P>Last but not least there is the possibility to set this by yourself using tools by <A HREF="http://www.h-oda.com" TARGET=_blank>www.h-oda.com</A> <P>WPCRedit can edit chipset registers, WCPRset can do these changes at every boot.<P>So if your chipset is recognised (or you find a plugin, or you have the chipset data sheet) you can adjust these things by yourself.<P>Please tell us what mainboard you have, what card causes what problems, what OS, what BIOS version etc. perhaps someone knows somethig.

Return to “Server Products (archive)”