primergy 460 and windows 2000 server

All topics related to Server Products
mikek

primergy 460 and windows 2000 server

Postby mikek » Sat Feb 16, 2002 15:23

i've got a major problem installing w2k server on a primergy 460 with a mylex dac960P/PD. installation procedure is ok but 1st time rebooting the machine, system says "drive error" and doesn't boot. i think it's a problem with the ntfs, because when installing the machine with fat32 everything works, converting it to ntfs afterwards, machine doesn't boot anymore. maybe anyone knows how to solve this problem<P>greetings mike

Data

Re: primergy 460 and windows 2000 server

Postby Data » Mon Mar 04, 2002 9:18

Hi Mikek,<P>First, are you installing using the serverstart CD?<P>Second, make sure that the boot partition does not exceed 8Gb.<P>Third, the Primergy 460 is according to me never certified for use with W2k, however you can give it a try.<P>Regards,<BR>Data.<BR>

nedjo_p

Re: primergy 460 and windows 2000 server

Postby nedjo_p » Tue Mar 19, 2002 13:27

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mikek:<BR><B>i've got a major problem installing w2k server on a primergy 460 with a mylex dac960P/PD. installation procedure is ok but 1st time rebooting the machine, system says "drive error" and doesn't boot. i think it's a problem with the ntfs, because when installing the machine with fat32 everything works, converting it to ntfs afterwards, machine doesn't boot anymore. maybe anyone knows how to solve this problem<P>greetings mike</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>

Return to “Server Products (archive)”