Win NT Installation in PRIMERGY E200

All topics related to Server Products
ROCIO

Win NT Installation in PRIMERGY E200

Postby ROCIO » Wed Nov 14, 2001 16:34

I am trying to install WINDOWS NT SERVER on PRIMERGY E200 with an Adaptec 2100S RAID Controller and 4 disks.<P>I'm using the "Server Start CD". After the RAID configuration and the partitioning of disks had been done, I started to install the WIN Nt4.0. After all parameters are set, the installation began, but it comes a point in the installation where the system starts to restart installation many times until there is presented a "blue screen" with error information. I started the installation several times and the problem remains, at different points of the installation.<P><BR>Would you be so kind as giving me some advice about it ???<P>Thanks a lot for your help

AYGOR

Re: Win NT Installation in PRIMERGY E200

Postby AYGOR » Fri Nov 23, 2001 12:43

Please, tell me, what is the error you receive with that blue-screen?<P>Then give me the Version of the Server-Start CD you are using..<P>Thanxxx<P>AYGOR

ROCIO

Postby ROCIO » Fri Nov 23, 2001 22:01

Dear Mr. Aygor.<P>The error is as follows:<P>"***STOP: 0x0000009C (0x00000001,0x00000000,0xB2000000,0x00000115)<P>CPUID:Genuine Intel6.8.6. irq:1e SYSVER 0xf0000565 "<P>the error mask continues with a long list where the Dll Base, the DateStmp and the Name are relationed, regarding devices like Floppy (floppy.SYS), cdrom (cdrom.SYS) and many others.<P>The version of SERVER STAR CD we have available is 4.01<P>Thanks a lot for your help.<P>With my best regards,<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AYGOR:<BR><B>Please, tell me, what is the error you receive with that blue-screen?<P>Then give me the Version of the Server-Start CD you are using..<P>Thanxxx<P>AYGOR</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>

AYGOR

Postby AYGOR » Thu Nov 29, 2001 13:22

Hmmm<BR>Very interesting,<BR>Typically it has to work with the ServerStart!<P>The Error you are getting seems to be an general driver problem!<P>Please try another instalation type, it is more work for you, but it might work!<BR>First of all crate a Win2k driverdisk for the Adaptec 2100.<BR>Then boot your System from your w2k cd and press during the first instalation screen F6.<P>Windows will ask you for an additional driver disk. Insert the Driver disk and then Win 2k will recognise and use from the begining the right driver for the Adaptec!<P>The problem is that you have to install several drivers by hand after the installation of W2k is finished.<BR>But this won't be a big problem. You can yuse then all the drivers located on your Serverstart.<P>Regards <P>AYGOR<P><BR> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ROCIO:<BR><B>I am trying to install WINDOWS NT SERVER on PRIMERGY E200 with an Adaptec 2100S RAID Controller and 4 disks.<P>I'm using the "Server Start CD". After the RAID configuration and the partitioning of disks had been done, I started to install the WIN Nt4.0. After all parameters are set, the installation began, but it comes a point in the installation where the system starts to restart installation many times until there is presented a "blue screen" with error information. I started the installation several times and the problem remains, at different points of the installation.<P><BR>Would you be so kind as giving me some advice about it ???<P>Thanks a lot for your help</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>

Return to “Server Products (archive)”