help with outlook express

All topics related to Software & Operating systems

Moderator: ModTeam

paulreading

help with outlook express

Postby paulreading » Tue Aug 07, 2007 17:01

my new pc has been working well for 6 mounths but about 3 weeks ago iv had a problum with getting email via outlook when i first turn on my pc and go to my wifes page and collect her emails its works ok then i close her page down and log off then i go to my page to collect my emails i get an error come up saying
THE CONNECTION TO THE SEVER HAS FAILED A/C POP....SEVER POP ....PROTOCOL POP3 PORT 110 SECURE (SSL) NO SOCKET ERROR 10061 ERROR NO ..OX800CCCDE
my pc engener tried to help but didnt know what is wrong he even got me to try another way to get my emails but that also came up with an pop error ,iv phoned tiscali and all my settings are ok so so any ideas?????????

bubblegum
Product(s): Scaleo T: Esprimo D9510 (work):Scaleo P

Postby bubblegum » Wed Aug 08, 2007 21:34

paulreading

outlook help

Postby paulreading » Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:43

b/g thanks for that
that does work but i want to download email via outlook
paul

bubblegum
Product(s): Scaleo T: Esprimo D9510 (work):Scaleo P

Postby bubblegum » Thu Aug 09, 2007 20:22

The reason I asked you to try direct at the website, was because Tiscali were having problems recently.

You said your pop settings are correct. When you say you close your wife's page, I assume you mean you log off.

You could try, logging onto you, then edit your outlook settings with your wife's details. It could just be a problem with your logon setting. (I don't mean outlook)

But I wouldn't know how to repair.

Return to “Software & Operating systems”