Prymergy RX300S4 IRMC configuration.

PRIMERGY, PRIMEPower

Moderator: ModTeam

ekun
Product(s): Primergy RX300 s4 Primergy TX200

Prymergy RX300S4 IRMC configuration.

Postby ekun » Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:01

Hello. I am trying to configure Prymergy RX300s4 through IRMC S2 web interface. Can anybody please explain how to change "Operating System Information" parameters such as "System Name", "System O/S" etc.? Will appreciate for any help.

Davie
Product(s): PRIMERGY, ServerView

Re: Prymergy RX300S4 IRMC configuration.

Postby Davie » Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:04

Parameters such as those aren't available through the iRMC - the iRMC is primarily involved in management of the hardware (not the operating system)

To change things such as System Name etc you will have to configure through the operating system

me@work
Product(s): Scaleo Pi2662, Primergy

Postby me@work » Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:08

May I add here that information like that is "normally" set by ServerView Agents installed in the running OS, but does NOT get deleted once an OS without those agents is run, e.g. a Linux live CD.

Newer Primergy servers (with newer iRMC firmware versions) do in fact allow to manually edit these values in iRMC web interface, but I don't know whether the latest available FW version for RX300s4 can do that...

ekun
Product(s): Primergy RX300 s4 Primergy TX200

Postby ekun » Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:41

Thanks for your help. I found in FW changelog that since iRMC F/W: 5.08A this option is avaliable for RX300s4. But when i am trying to update FW through uploading file from web interface i see "Error writing NVRAM Config" . Using tftp server i get "Input incorrect!". i downloaded new FW from here http://support.ts.fujitsu.com/Download/ ... E&Info=FTS

me@work
Product(s): Scaleo Pi2662, Primergy

Postby me@work » Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:03

Well, strange...
There may exist dependencies to the machine's BIOS version, or to the existing iRMC version.

Although not as sexy, you could try and perform the update using local media (USB stick, update CD) in recovery mode.

NB: Manual setting of Operating System Information in iRMC web interface is only possible when no system management agent is running. This means that you are able to set this information while the server is switched off, but as soon as the agent in the running OS initializes, this information will get overwritten, and the fields become informational only. Of course, the information manually set will NOT get overwritten, and remain changeable, if your OS does not have a system management agent installed.

Return to “Server Products”