ServerView Problem

PRIMERGY, PRIMEPower

Moderator: ModTeam

fjgaspar
Product(s): PRIMERGY RX300

ServerView Problem

Postby fjgaspar » Mon Sep 17, 2012 15:42

Hi,

I have a problem in several servers, and I'm completely lost. I don´t know how to afford it.

I have an organization with a Windows 2003 domain, 28 sites and one domain controller in every site. In each domain controller, I have ServerView installed (version 03.60.10, and I can`t change it, there is nothing I can do about it, administrative problems). Each Serverview server is used to manage and monitorize all servers in that site. I describe the problem in one of them, but is the same problem in all of them.

When I make a monitorized server substitution (i.e. better hardware, change from Windows 2000 to 2003, and so on), I remove the old server from the domain, and install and configure the new server. I enter the Serverview Admin console to remove the old server, and to add the new, and I get the following error in both cases:

Error while trying to add entries from database table SERVER_LIST. Invalid attribute or option identifier. If this error is after trying to add a new server, the server doesn't appear in the server list, so it is not manageable. It the error is after removing an old server, the server disappear from the server list, but if I close the application, next time I run it the old server is still there.

That happens in all 28 server managers.

Any idea?

me@work
Product(s): Scaleo Pi2662, Primergy

Re: ServerView Problem

Postby me@work » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:16

I'm sorry because I cannot provide a final solution to your problem, but I'm afraid that there possibly exists an issue in your ServerView database or in handling it (perhaps permissions), unless of course each location uses its own database.

Could you try to install a new (well, sort of...) SV 3.60 in parallel, and try to add the server to this installation? This might (hopefully) give an indication to the initial problem cause.

fjgaspar
Product(s): PRIMERGY RX300

Re: ServerView Problem

Postby fjgaspar » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:32

Thanks for your answer. In fact, each server has its own database. So I can figure out where the problem is: permissions. The database is in the hard disk of a domain controller, and we aren't domain admins, so we haven't the right to write in most places of the c:\ partition, where I suppose is the database file.

Thanks.

Return to “Server Products”