RAID MANAGER ERROR what is this?

PRIMERGY, PRIMEPower

Moderator: ModTeam

ripeed
Product(s): servers

RAID MANAGER ERROR what is this?

Postby ripeed » Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:24

Hi, I need help with some errors. I put here screen. Can anyone tell me what those errors means?
RAIDmanager.JPG
RAIDmanager.JPG (196.78 KiB) Viewed 13312 times

Davie
Product(s): PRIMERGY, ServerView

Re: RAID MANAGER ERROR what is this?

Postby Davie » Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:30

Looks like something has gone wrong with the RAID controller - the system can't seem to see it or identify it properly. I'd check the seating of the controller - then consider replacing it if that doesn't help. Of course it could also be the PCI slot that the controller is in - but I'd check the controller itself first

ripeed

Postby ripeed » Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:17

You mean remove HW of the controller? But everything works fine, only that message shows. I was wondering it will be the SW problem. I will do maintenance of the server, clean it and remove the card and but it back again. Do you think it will helps?

Davie

Postby Davie » Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:21

So everything is working fine? Just errors in ServerView RAID manager?

Are you running the latest version of SVRAID? Might be worth updating that...

ripeed

Postby ripeed » Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:45

Yes, everythinks is OK. Disks are OK. I can browse them in WIN2K8. Today I install new RAID MANAGER because that old one does not show anythink in browser. But SVRAID you mean ServerView version right? I will check it on web and try to update.

Davie

Postby Davie » Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:49

Yes I meant install new version of RAID manager

Take care of the info on the download site that says if you are using Windows 2003 then you need to install a Microsoft Knowledgebase fix KB968730

me@work
Product(s): Scaleo Pi2662, Primergy

Postby me@work » Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:58

I might be heading into the wrong direction, but is this DC1 a Virtual Machine, perhaps?

And 192.168.2.252 is the ESXi host that is to be monitored?

In that case the CIM communication between the VM and the host is broken, and the information displayed (three devices with dual boxes) is from the virtual LSI SAS controller inside the VM.

If my first assumption is wrong, please disregard the rest of this post, and accept my apologies.

ripeed

Postby ripeed » Thu Sep 13, 2012 13:25

You are right, it is VMWARE ESXi 4.1.0. And on that is Windows server 2008 R2. That means it is problem between ESXi and WIN2K8?

me@work

Postby me@work » Thu Sep 13, 2012 13:50

8) I'm gonna keep this glass ball for future assumptions.

Yes, as I already stated in my previous reply, the CIM communication between the ESXi management interface and the Win VM is disturbed. Could be a firewall problem (in the VM; ESXi4 does not have a firewall), or the CIM provider inside ESXi's management does not operate anymore. You could try and restart ESXi's management agents, the CIM broker, or, if all else fails, the complete ESXi host.

And as Davie already suggested, please keep your SV-RAID updated to its latest version (and ESXi4 as well).

Davie

Postby Davie » Thu Sep 13, 2012 13:58

Has the ESX host even been added into RAID manager? I thought it usually displayed differently when you were monitoring a remote host...

There is a command line prompt you need to run on the VM to point SVRAID at the host - has this been done?

ripeed

Postby ripeed » Thu Sep 13, 2012 15:48

Could be a firewall problem (in the VM; ESXi4 does not have a firewall)
- I didnt change any think, And in WIN2K8 is only that basic. Meaby it it can do MikroTik? - what ports I need to have open?

CIM provider inside ESXi's management does not operate anymore
- sorry I dont know what it mean that CIM provider

You could try and restart ESXi's management agents.
- I try restart those agents by - service mgmt-vmware restart and service vmware-vpxa restart. It say -sh: service: not found :( I try it with su. So I do this: cd /sbin, ./services.sh restart - this restrats it right?

Has the ESX host even been added into RAID manager?
- How I found that?

There is a command line prompt you need to run on the VM to point SVRAID at the host - has this been done?
- Dont know what prompt you mean, and how I found if that was done.

Thanks a lot for yours advice guys! I am little bit new in this.

me@work

Postby me@work » Thu Sep 13, 2012 16:03

The shell commands you used are for ESX, not for ESXi.

You could try to restart the management agents from your host's Direct Console User Interface (the yellow/grey interface locally to the host). I think that was possible in ESXi4 already...
But service.sh restart should do the trick as well. If it doesn't help: Well, that was just one option, and you have been told others, like rebooting the host itself.

I have no idea what you are referring to with "MikroTik". CIM (Common Information Model) operates on ports 5988/5989.

"Someone" must have configured your SV-RAID to monitor the ESXi host. It does not do this automagically. That person knows about the command line parameters Davie mentioned. Perhaps you should get in contact with that person first? He or she could as well point out possible culprits in your configured networking environment.

And then, you could have a look at all the available documents at Fujitsu's manual website. Links for the connection between ServerView and ESXi have already been posted numerous times on this forum.

ripeed

Postby ripeed » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:13

Ok, thanks everyone. Now its ok, if that messages shows again I will do next steps.

Return to “Server Products”