Primergy Strange Disk behaviour in Win2k8

PRIMERGY, PRIMEPower

Moderator: ModTeam

CedricPett
Product(s): Primergy RX300-Rx600

Primergy Strange Disk behaviour in Win2k8

Postby CedricPett » Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:35

Hello,

I have checked teh English and German forum but did not find any hint about my problem.

I have several server (Alle primergy RX300S5 orS6 and even one RX600S6) that have a strange behaviour when loggin on via RDP.

When no session is open and I open a RDP session, whenever I try to get to "My Computer", the data disk seems unavailable for about 15-20 minutes (no information for it in the window) THis only happens on the Raid5 (data disks) not the raid1 (System Disks).
SO during this time access to the data via shares is so slow it goes to a timeout. Virtual machines are not available but still reachable by ping...) after that 15-20 minutes the drive letter appears and all is well again...

To avoid this, I can open a session via RDP and leave it open on the "my Computer"' Window and then just not log it off. I have to close the RDP session not log it off. and thus this problem is very less likely to happen...

This behaviour seems also to happen when Backup exec starts a backup (like the snapshot take all the power of the raid...).

I'm using the FTS RAId based on LSI MEgaraid.

Anybody has any idea what this could be ?

Thanks

Cedric

Return to “Server Products”