Primergy RX600 S6 PSU Redundancy

PRIMERGY, PRIMEPower

Moderator: ModTeam

pretor989
Product(s): Fujitsu RX300 S3, RX600 S6

Primergy RX600 S6 PSU Redundancy

Postby pretor989 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 14:19

Hello @ all
This is pretor989 and I have problem concerning a RX600 S6 server and I would appreciate any help regarding this or maybe even directions to a similar post (so far I was unable to find a solution).

Well the situation is as follows:

We maintain several RX600 S6 models with multiple power supplies (naturally) but the problem is that only one PSU operates full scale and the other 3 PSU's operate in the so called power-save-mode.
Now we have tried to come up with a way to change these settings but have not yet found a solution.

We tried using the iRMC web-interface. Under the tab Sensors >> Power Supply >> Power Supply Redundancy Configuration we changed the setting from PSU Redundancy 3 + 1 Spare PSU to AC Redundancy 2 + 2 (2 AC Sources) with no change whatsoever in the power consumption.
If anyone could point us in the right direction we would really appreciate it.

Sincerely pretor989

pretor989
Product(s): Fujitsu RX300 S3, RX600 S6

Re: Primergy RX600 S6 PSU Redundancy

Postby pretor989 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:29

Hello again

After we contacted the Fujitsu Support about the configurations and the redundancy options they replied and told us that the server operates in a state of "Cold Redundancy" automatically... but they did not tell us yet if or how we could change that setting...

Maybe somebody here could help us with that while we wait for further information from Support.

Sincerely pretor989

Return to “Server Products”