Primergy RX300 S3 - VMWare ESXi 4 - ServerView RAID

PRIMERGY, PRIMEPower

Moderator: ModTeam

Noodle2732
Product(s): PRIMERGY TX*

Primergy RX300 S3 - VMWare ESXi 4 - ServerView RAID

Postby Noodle2732 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 14:29

Hi,

I have a FSC Primergy RX300 S3 running VMWare ESXi 4 Update 1, I am trying to check the status of the RAID but having trouble.

I have installed ServerView RAID on a virtual machine and used amCLI to add the physical box to the server list but nothing comes up in the web interface.

Have tried restarting the amService, still dont see anything.

Have read that I need to install an Fujitsu CIM but not sure where to get this from or how to install it.

Please help!

Davie
Product(s): PRIMERGY, ServerView

Re: Primergy RX300 S3 - VMWare ESXi 4 - ServerView RAID

Postby Davie » Mon Jun 11, 2012 14:42

CIM Provider can be found on the download site HERE - though there is no mention of the RX300 S3 so it may not be supported on that hardware

Also it mentions ESXi 4.1 Update 1 but niot 4.0 update 1 so again it may not be available for you depending on which version of ESXi you have

me@work
Product(s): Scaleo Pi2662, Primergy

Re: Primergy RX300 S3 - VMWare ESXi 4 - ServerView RAID

Postby me@work » Mon Jun 11, 2012 16:25

Please allow me to add here that Fujitsu's CIM provider does NOT provide any information regarding the disk controllers anywhere.

You need to determine which mass storage solution you actually run your Primergy server on. Some CIM providers already come with VMware's ESXi4 image (or Fujitsu's Custom image), e.g. from LSI for Fujitsu's MegaRAID SAS controllers.

Please note that only RAID5/6 is supported by LSI's CIM provider in ESXi 4.x; the RAID0/1 controller cannot be managed at all. BTW, both controller types are ok for ESXi5 with Fujitsu's custom built images, where VMware does not provide additional CIM providers anymore.

Please also check the firewall configuration of your VM running SV-RAID (What OS is this VM running, anyway? And what version of SV-RAID?)

Of course, SV-RAID can only display information for controllers that it actually supports...

Return to “Server Products”