ServerStart keeps restarting

PRIMERGY, PRIMEPower

Moderator: ModTeam

sschocke

ServerStart keeps restarting

Postby sschocke » Mon Aug 28, 2006 12:12

Hi

I have this issue with a Primergy TX200 S2. I boot up with the provided ServerStart CD, boots with WinXP Professional x64 Edition, and then prompts for the Status Backup Disk. I already had the provided stiffy inserted... Just clicking OK doesn't work, so I proceeded to using the "Create" option.

Then, the next instant it comes up with a message saying that an unattended installation file was found. I now have the option of pressing "Start" to continue with the Unattended setup, or "Stop" to proceed to the ServerStart Wizard. the problem is, that if I select "Start", nothing really happens, and then it prompts me to remove all CD's and disks, and restart the computer, and if I select "Stop", it just proceeds to restart the server.

Nothing has been installed, so booting from the harddrive obviously fails, and if I leave the ServerStart CD to run again, the same procedure just pops up again, regardless of whether I clicked "Start" or "Stop", and regardless of whether I have the stiffy inserted or not.

This is highly frustrating, and a really big problem, since this server needs to be installed by tomorrow. I believe the version of ServerStart to be V5.5.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Data

Postby Data » Mon Aug 28, 2006 12:39

Hi Sschocke.

It seems to me that you start from the wrong SerSt CD.
You always NEED to start with SerSt CD 1.
When installing a x64 OS you will be asked to put in the second SerSt CD (2) later on
Make sure to use a Serverstart status diskette when installing a x64 OS.
When installing a x32 bit os you'll only need CD 1.

Best regards.
Data.

sschocke

Postby sschocke » Mon Aug 28, 2006 13:07

Thank you Data... It did turn out to be that.

Return to “Server Products”