V2010 touchpad scrollbar

All topics related to notebooks
Hethersett

V2010 touchpad scrollbar

Postby Hethersett » Sun Nov 27, 2005 0:14

I have recently purchased a Amilo Pro V2010. The touchpad appears to have a vertical scrollbar on the right-hand side. However, it doesn't operate scrolling. Does anyone know if its possible to activate scrolling on this touchpad??<P>Thanks.

eddie

Re: V2010 touchpad scrollbar

Postby eddie » Sun Nov 27, 2005 12:50

I had the same prob with my amilo a1630. I downloaded a new driver from the synaptics website and installed it. afterwards all features were accessible in the control panel.

carveone

Postby carveone » Mon Nov 28, 2005 15:59

I found that the touchpad was scroll activated by default (In control panel I think). It's a function of the synaptics driver, not the hardware and it takes getting used to. And not all applications seem to respond!<BR>Drag your finger up and down the very right part of the pad. You can't have your finger on the touchpad to begin with otherwise the driver thinks you are just moving the mouse to the far right...

Hethersett

Postby Hethersett » Thu Dec 01, 2005 23:19

Thanks for your help...however...<P>I downloaded a driver from Synaptics and although it worked I still only had the basic function, no scrolling. I then had a look at the driver on this site for the v2010 and it refers to an "Alps" touchpad rather than Synaptics. However, I can't find any drivers for Alps touchpads with the scrolling feature.<BR>Any other help??<BR>Thanks.

gokkor

Postby gokkor » Sat Dec 10, 2005 22:51

I Don't know if this will help or not but try to check your mouse settings from control panel, there should be some settings to be able to enable or disable scrolling feature of the touchpad (Of course if your system has touchpad drivers loaded) If touchpad drivers are not loaded try to download them from the site.
Go Out! Life is there waiting for you, not here in front of a screen :)

Return to “Notebooks (archive)”