AMILO PRO V2045 keyboard Problems

All topics related to notebooks
DILUser

AMILO PRO V2045 keyboard Problems

Postby DILUser » Mon Sep 26, 2005 13:50

We have now received 6 of these notebooks all with the same problem, basically when using the notebooks keyboard it misses key pressed. This is not a windows problem as the fault can easily be reproduced in the Bios set up page by pressing the ‘Back Delete’ key whilst in the security password box. Pressing this key should result in a ‘beep’ since it is invalid. If this key is pressed repeatedly then there comes a time that no ‘beep’ sounds and it is possible to hold the key down and it does not go into auto repeat and keeps beeping. It works fine with an external usb keyboard.<P>Anyone else seen this problem?<BR>Does anyone have a good working model ?<P>Fujitus have acknowledged the problem but have been very slow in sorting it out. At first they told us that it was a very rare problem with the south bridge chip set and we were unluck to have received 2 faulty machines, but the next 4 they supplied were also faulty - so beware of this machine until they can find a fix.

mertakb

Re: AMILO PRO V2045 keyboard Problems

Postby mertakb » Mon Sep 26, 2005 15:55

I had another problem with the keyboard of the 2045 I bought yesterday. It is adding the letters nearby the keys I press rapidly. For example when I write my name which is "mert" it always writes "mer3t". "tre" comes out as "tre3". "zxc" comes out as "zxc<" and so on... this problem may be avoided by typing slowly but this is not tolerable in a so called "Pro Series" laptop. Urgent attention is needed. When I returned the computer to the shop, they decided to replace it with a new one but all 4 of the brand new 2045's had the same problem with the same key sequences.<p>[This message has been edited by mertakb (edited 26 September 2005).]

DILUser

Postby DILUser » Mon Sep 26, 2005 17:29

I have now tried this test on one of our faulty machines it I get the same fault, so you probably will also see the fault we have try just typing two keys say A & S with one finger in notepad and you will see a string such as <BR>asasasasassasasaas<BR>and not<BR>asasasasasasasasasas<P>ie missed chars but you know you pressed the key.

DILUser

Postby DILUser » Tue Sep 27, 2005 13:11

Fujitsu Siemens have now come up with a fix for this problem you need to get a flash upgrade for the keyboard controller.<P>

vsk

Postby vsk » Tue Sep 27, 2005 13:21

Where is the firmware upgrade?<BR>Does it solve the problem?<BR>How can someone apply it?<P>Thanks!

DILUser

Postby DILUser » Tue Sep 27, 2005 16:30

You need to speak to Fujitsu Siemens UK, as far as i know its not out on the web yet. <P>A guy named XXXXX knows all about it.<P>Yes it does fix both problems described in this thread.<P>Hope this helps. <P>

Munken

Postby Munken » Wed Sep 28, 2005 15:17

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DILUser:<BR><B>You need to speak to Fujitsu Siemens UK, as far as i know its not out on the web yet. <P>A guy named XXXXX knows all about it.<P>Yes it does fix both problems described in this thread.<P>Hope this helps. <P></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I have the same problem with my pro v2040. Is it a bios update you talking about? and do you know the version?<BR>sincerly<BR>M

DILUser

Postby DILUser » Thu Sep 29, 2005 11:08

It is not a bios update but a keyboard controler flash update - basicly the same. drop me an email to "dil (at) jjv . co . uk"<BR>and I will forward the ISO cd image that FS sent to us and it should fix your fault - not sure how it will affect your warrenty and FS warned us it may disable the machine but it worked on the three machine we have.<P>

mertakb

Postby mertakb » Thu Sep 29, 2005 11:14

<B>DILUser</B>, I've sent you an e-mail. Thanx again.

Munken

Postby Munken » Thu Sep 29, 2005 12:36

I just flashed my controller and it seem to work ;o)<BR>Thank for all your help!!<BR>M

vsk

Postby vsk » Thu Sep 29, 2005 13:30

Is that the KBC 00.19?<BR>I found it here under Downloads.<BR>How can I use it?<P>Thanks again!

mertakb

Postby mertakb » Thu Sep 29, 2005 23:22

vsk, you can not and use it as it is distributed within a zip file. You need the ISO, which I may forward if you like.<P>It is strange that FS didn't attach any install notes to that zip file or published the ISO...

vsk

Postby vsk » Fri Sep 30, 2005 12:01

Yes, please merktab, forward it to my mail ( vaskoul (at) otenet . gr )<BR>Thank you very much!<BR>

immortal_plt

Postby immortal_plt » Sat Oct 01, 2005 19:47

mert banada su klavyeyi update etmek icin gerekli dosyalari yollarsan cok sevinirim hatta aciklamali bir mail atarsan cok iyi olur.<BR>tesekkurler<BR>mail: immortal.plt@gmail.com<P>(msn: immortal_plt@hotmail.com)<p>[This message has been edited by immortal_plt (edited 01 October 2005).]

ta1chc

Postby ta1chc » Tue Oct 04, 2005 6:39

hi all,<P> i have same keyboard problem on v2045, would you please send fix file to me please (ta1chc@gmail.com)<P> thanx

Return to “Notebooks (archive)”