Problems with Amilo A2000 (A6600)

All topics related to notebooks

Problems with Amilo A2000 (A6600)

Postby » Sun Jun 05, 2005 7:19

Please help me to solve my problem!<BR>I have AMILO A2000 notebook (is it the same with Amilo A6600???) from my company - a used one. It had BIOS version 1.07 and I upgraded it to a newer version 1.10, which I downloaded from official site (Phoenix BIOS ver. 1.10 for Amilo A6600 and A7600). After BIOS upgrade I lost my Floppy Drive A:. I tried to format PC - this doesn't help... then I have disassembled the notebook, took out the floppy and checked the floppy bus - it was OK, I put another FDD (Toshiba) and it was not working as well. Please, help me to restore back my floppy drive! I guess it was somehow "locked" from BIOS...<BR>Many thanks beforehand for answers!

Re: Problems with Amilo A2000 (A6600)

Postby » Tue Jun 07, 2005 18:16

Guys, please, help me with these, if you can!

TheConfidant

Postby TheConfidant » Mon Jun 13, 2005 9:42

Did you got anytime a replacement of your mainbaord? If yes you should contact your service to get reworked flash for your BIOS.<P>I hope it work.<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Alsark:<BR><B>Guys, please, help me with these, if you can!</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>

Alsark

Postby Alsark » Tue Jun 14, 2005 20:47

Hi TheConfidant. Thanks for your reply! I am not 100% sure, but according to the information I got from colleague a previous user of that notebook didn't change the mainboard. Please, share your ideas then.

TheConfidant

Postby TheConfidant » Mon Jun 20, 2005 9:25

Can you downgrade your BIOS versions to a earlier one, if not i think you should contact the fs support to get a biosfix or repair in warranty. <P><BR> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Alsark:<BR><B>Hi TheConfidant. Thanks for your reply! I am not 100% sure, but according to the information I got from colleague a previous user of that notebook didn't change the mainboard. Please, share your ideas then.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>

Alsark

Postby Alsark » Sat Jun 25, 2005 13:52

I tried to downgrade to ver. 1.08, but with no success. I found that one of my colleagues has the same notebookc as mine with BIOS v.1.10 and FDD is OK on his notebook. Can you tell me please, how to download BIOS from his PC and to instal it to mine? Which software to use? Thanks!<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TheConfidant:<BR><B>Can you downgrade your BIOS versions to a earlier one, if not i think you should contact the fs support to get a biosfix or repair in warranty. <P><BR> </B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>

Alsark

Postby Alsark » Thu Jul 07, 2005 19:59

Dear all!<BR>Please provide me the answers on my questions. The case is really very urgent for me, so I'm waiting for any information concerning the case ASAP!!!<BR>Thanks

TheConfidant

Postby TheConfidant » Mon Jul 11, 2005 9:44

Try to update the bios again from the fsc side. Use the BIOS Flash (ISO CD-Image) - AMILO A6600 / A7600 | 28.06.2004 <BR>In the readme there are a hint of solved problem with fdd after build into a amilo original without fdd. maybe it works. if not you should contact fsc for repair. <P><BR> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Alsark:<BR><B>Dear all!<BR>Please provide me the answers on my questions. The case is really very urgent for me, so I'm waiting for any information concerning the case ASAP!!!<BR>Thanks</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>

Return to “Notebooks (archive)”