Amilo A 1630 crashes while playing a game!

All topics related to notebooks

Amilo A 1630 crashes while playing a game!

Postby » Wed Nov 17, 2004 20:23

After playing a few minutes, the screen freezes and computer turns off. I have read from some other forums, that this is a known problem. Using Windows/Explorer is ok.<P>What can be done?<P>

laf

Re: Amilo A 1630 crashes while playing a game!

Postby laf » Thu Nov 18, 2004 14:45

maybe install windows xp service pack 2 and check that u have all the newest drivers installed, especially the ati driver..<P>look here : <BR> <A HREF="http://flashworks.beigetower.org/Amilo/" TARGET=_blank>http://flashworks.beigetower.org/Amilo/</A> <P>page with updates and drivers for 1630<P>

ErikSN

Postby ErikSN » Sun Oct 23, 2005 10:50

I have this excact same problem. I have winXPsp2 and the newest bios, agp-port and graphics drivers, but it still shuts down after af few minutes of playing a game.<BR>Any solutions out there?<P>Erik<P>EDIT:<BR>Ok fixed it. By updating the processor driver from the link in the post above the comp stopped crashing. Image<BR><p>[This message has been edited by ErikSN (edited 23 October 2005).]

DaxUltra

Postby DaxUltra » Sun Oct 23, 2005 17:31

I have this problem too. I think it is related with graphic card. When it is becoming too hot the computer freezes for a second and shuts down. Why it is overheating I don't know. It takes more than two min in my case (smtms up to 2 hours).

migres

Postby migres » Sat Nov 05, 2005 17:08

same problem here...except it doesn't shutdown! <BR>just get all messed up in colours sometimes goes black and i need to power it down!! only does this playing games - any type - doesn't even need to be graphic intensive!! AMILO A 1630 +3700 - all latest drivers and BIOS. using OMEGA drivers. I also think that seems to be some kind of overheating issue.... Image

jonspurs

Postby jonspurs » Tue Nov 29, 2005 13:17

YEP - same problem here - mine just freezes - and then it won't boot again (AMD 3700).<P>Anyone had a proper fix?<P>Jon

Return to “Notebooks (archive)”