Amilo A x600 - CY26 RAM upgrade

All topics related to notebooks
donny

Amilo A x600 - CY26 RAM upgrade

Postby donny » Wed Mar 03, 2004 1:03

hello. is there any chance to get my notebook to its ram-maximum of 1gb? there r 2 slots and i am having in each slot 256mb <BR>[256MB DDR soDIMM 200pin PC 266]<BR>ram but i have found the following somewhere on this website:<BR>--------------------------------------<BR>_ 1st slot 0 - 512 MB factory fitted, not user accessible. <BR>_ 2nd slot user fit , 128, 256 or 512MB SDRAM <BR>--------------------------------------<BR>so can i only get 1 ramchip with 512mb and have to keep the one in the 1st slot or is there any chance to get in both slots 512mb of ram??<P>pls help me [img]/talk2/ubb-files/wink.gif[/img]

Re: Amilo A x600 - CY26 RAM upgrade

Postby » Fri Mar 05, 2004 9:26

It seems that not possible.<BR>Check under the RAM cover: <A HREF="http://www.fujitsu-siemens.co.uk/rl/servicesupport/techsupport/lifebook/Amilo/Downloads/EasyGuide_A.pdf" TARGET=_blank>http://www.fujitsu-siemens.co.uk/rl/servicesupport/techsupport/lifebook/Amilo/Downloads/EasyGuide_A.pdf</A>

Wollert [NOR]

Postby Wollert [NOR] » Mon Mar 08, 2004 15:32

Hello<P>It is possible to change both RAM, but the one that they refer to as "not user accsessable" is located under the keyboard. This means you have to remove the keyboard to change this RAM module. <P>

donny

Postby donny » Fri Mar 26, 2004 15:52

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Wollert [NOR]:<BR><B>Hello<P>It is possible to change both RAM, but the one that they refer to as "not user accsessable" is located under the keyboard. This means you have to remove the keyboard to change this RAM module. <P></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>well i have changed one RAM now. So i am having 512 & 256 mb (with 128 of them shared for ati radeon igp), but i would really like to change the "not user accsessable" RAM. The only problem is that i am not really a pc-expert and don't wanna try to remove the keyboard ;/<P>

Postby » Mon Apr 05, 2004 13:36

errrm, i am also having this notebook, but how do u remove the keyboard?

Postby » Sun May 02, 2004 19:19

but how do u open the laptop?

Postby » Thu Jun 03, 2004 21:52

is there any guide somewhere?

chew

Postby chew » Fri Jun 04, 2004 9:40

Hi guys,<P>Opening a Laptop, is not so dificult as, deasembly a dirtybomb lol [img]/talk2/ubb-files/smile.gif[/img]<P>Just remember, to unplug the power cable, if not, your hair, may turn like Vanilla Ice [img]/talk2/ubb-files/smile.gif[/img]<P>Euro2004!<P><BR>

Postby » Tue Jun 08, 2004 12:36

LOL... thx for the optimistic words heh<P>but has anyone opened a notebook yet and can give me a lil help or knows about some tut's or screenshots on the internet? any help would b gr8, ty guys

bb

Postby bb » Fri Jul 23, 2004 21:35

i have an A7600 and had 2x 256 MB before,<BR>then upgraded to 512+256 which was really unstable, so i tried to upgrade to 2x 512 which _always_ produced 1000s of erros in memtestx86 (iirc test 5 - copying blocks or something) - right now i use only 1x 512MB<P>it's possible to exchange both: the ram below the keyboard and the ram on the bottom side.<P>if you need help with opening look for me on irc.freenode.net in #laptop<P>bb<BR>

xikilin

Postby xikilin » Wed Jul 28, 2004 0:18

many notebooks keyboards can be taked out my removing the cover between keyboard and display (where the easy access buttons are located). you have to see how to remove that cover and behind that may have 2 or 3 screws to take out the keyboard. others notebooks models has a screw (or more) on the buttom of the laptop to take out the keyboard. others have some "pins" to pull just near the Function keys (F1-F12).<P>so... since i don't know your model, try some of the above. one of them should be your solution! [img]/talk2/ubb-files/wink.gif[/img]

Return to “Notebooks (archive)”