Linux & Amilo A

All topics related to notebooks
guydo

Linux & Amilo A

Postby guydo » Mon Mar 10, 2003 3:03

new mandrake 9.1 work well [img]/talk2/ubb-files/wink.gif[/img] tnx to mandrake [img]/talk2/ubb-files/wink.gif[/img]

sphakka

Re: Linux & Amilo A

Postby sphakka » Tue Mar 11, 2003 9:28

Wow!<BR>And that's all??<BR>I'm a Linux user too (but I've got a C1020 with some troubles...), I'd like to know what's *really* working and what's not. Please, help the community!<P>c-u<P>^s

Postby » Mon Mar 17, 2003 20:36

<P>dunno about C1020 ,but with amilo A<BR>trouble is ATI RADEON 320M .<BR> it can be used with generic vesa driver<BR> but 3D acceleration is missing.<BR>there is some experimental 2D driver<BR>for it, but as long as<BR> ATI dont give full specs info<BR> to community, community is quite<BR> helpless.<P>everything else seems to be <BR>working perfect.(not sure of modem<BR>or pcmcia...)<P>redhat8.0 working fine.<P><BR>

Postby » Mon Mar 17, 2003 20:44

sphakka -have you seen this <A HREF="http://kmec.szm.sk/siemens/siemens-c1020.html" TARGET=_blank>http://kmec.szm.sk/siemens/siemens-c1020.html</A> <P>

kenny5445

Postby kenny5445 » Mon Mar 24, 2003 10:21

Red hat really didnt like my amilo wouldnt let me get into the install problem but mandake 8.x worked fine :-)

kani

Postby kani » Tue Mar 25, 2003 21:24

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kenny5445:<BR><B>Red hat really didnt like my amilo wouldnt let me get into the install problem but mandake 8.x worked fine :-)</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>The solution for RH8 (and some other distros) is to start Linux from the installation CD with the "nomce" (no machine-check-exception) boot option. Once Linux is installed, you can rebuild the kernel specifically for the Athlon processor, and the kernel panic encountered while scanning the PCMCIA ports will go away (even with MCE enabled).<P>

Return to “Notebooks (archive)”