About motherboard monitoring and fans (Amilo A 7620)

All topics related to notebooks
Etni

About motherboard monitoring and fans (Amilo A 7620)

Postby Etni » Thu Mar 02, 2006 1:39

Hello, and sorry if these have been asked before (there seemed to be some problem with the forum search function).

Question 1: I have an Amilo A 7620, and would like to use coolmon and motherboard monitor 5 if possible. The problem is, I should select the motherboard model and I don't know what motherboard this laptop has. Does anyone know? Or is it just called an amilo motherboard (and therefore not supported by MBM 5)? I tried SiSoft Sandra but it didn't help (reports "00000" as motherboard model).

Question 2: Are there fan sensors in this motherboard? I've gotten some temperature sensor readings from some programs (each program showing different temperatures :| ), but none seem able to report fan RPM:s.

Question 3: As the fans are quite noisy and this laptop sometimes heats up a lot, I'd rather have the fans constantly humming instead of annoyingly going on and off all the time. Also, after heavy use the laptop is almost sizzling hot but the fans are instantly turned to lower RPM when processor usage goes down. Is there any way to control the fans or are they fully automatic?

www.rzr.free.fr

Re: About motherboard monitoring and fans (Amilo A 7620)

Postby www.rzr.free.fr » Thu Mar 02, 2006 18:27

Etni wrote:Hello, and sorry if these have been asked before (there seemed to be some problem with the forum search function).

Question 3: As the fans are quite noisy and this laptop sometimes heats up a lot, I'd rather have the fans constantly humming instead of annoyingly going on and off all the time. Also, after heavy use the laptop is almost sizzling hot but the fans are instantly turned to lower RPM when processor usage goes down. Is there any way to control the fans or are they fully automatic?

What is your BIOS version ? 1.10 is bugged see my posts

Return to “Notebooks (archive)”