compu starts beeping, will not boot up. Phoenix bios codes?

Moderator: ModTeam

rp

compu starts beeping, will not boot up. Phoenix bios codes?

Postby rp » Mon Mar 12, 2007 23:04

Hi,

Having researched a lot I found that three bios hardware exists to stop the compu booting up, to protect it. I've looked under the bonet of my xpert AXP18 5 1 256MB compu and seen something with phoenix on.

My problem is with the beep codes. beep - beep - beep - beep. Continuous short beeps. However, reading websites the phoenix codes go on numbered beep like 2 - 1 -2, etc. I cannot seem to find a explanation for continuous beeping for this bios.

Can anyone out there help?

tenchiten
Product(s): Frankenputers

Postby tenchiten » Tue Mar 13, 2007 18:01

Could be one of a few things.
Is the boot screen coming up or do you have a blank display, if blank then perhaps your graphics card has failed.
Is the fan running on your processor ?.
Have you tried a known to be good stick of ram in place of your original (or that the original is properly seated) ?
Have you checked all your connections inside the pc to make sure they are secure. ?
Have you upgraded something prior to this problem starting or did it just occur out of the blue. ?
Learning all the time.

rp

Postby rp » Wed Mar 14, 2007 15:21

Hummm...
Qu: Is the boot screen coming up or do you have a blank display, if blank then perhaps your graphics card has failed.
Ans: Blank. I actually got the compu to boot up this morning and saw the graphic card check run, then compu went blank. Afterwards the comp went back to not working. So will have to try to buy another graphics card to try this.

Qu. Is the fan running on your processor ?.
Ans:Yep

Qu. Have you tried a known to be good stick of ram in place of your original (or that the original is properly seated) ?
Ans: Nope, guess i should try this next.

Qu.Have you checked all your connections inside the pc to make sure they are secure. ?
Ans: not really too hot on what goes where so have pushed things tighter, but if lead is missing would not know.

Qu. Have you upgraded something prior to this problem starting or did it just occur out of the blue. ?
Ans: Given the compu from friend who left the country, probably should ask him this.

Well thanks very much for you helpful insights.

Very much appreciated.

I will keep you posted.

Return to “Xpert”