Fujitsu Seimens Xpert AXP18 5 1 256MB

Moderator: ModTeam

johnrspain

Fujitsu Seimens Xpert AXP18 5 1 256MB

Postby johnrspain » Mon Sep 25, 2006 8:48

After my wife turned off the power to this machine when a program she was using decided to freeze I cannot now boot up past the POST process. The machine doesn't recognise the CD drive to allow me to reinstall Windows and it doesn't recognise the floppy either.
I would like to reformat the HDD and rebuild, if posible, but cannot get into DOS.
Alternatively I could use the recovery discs but do not have them, can I download these anywhere.
I would be VERY grateful if ANYBODY could help me to resolve this problem as the machine is used in communication with the WHO charity.

dclowes

Postby dclowes » Mon Sep 25, 2006 13:18

all you need to do is create a boot disk and set the bios to boot from it.

hit delete on boot up and enter the bios. Set your pc to boot from the cd rom. Put your windows cd in and restart you pc. Hey presto..... then format and reinstall.

Alternatively (and I like this method :) ) - set your bios to boot from the floppy disk. Go to this website and create an inage floppy disk of autoclave

http://staff.washington.edu/jdlarios/au ... stall.html

upon reboot the pc will securely format your data and you can do the above cd step to installl windows again.

good luck

Return to “Xpert”