GA8I848PM + SATA + RAID

Moderator: ModTeam

JonC

GA8I848PM + SATA + RAID

Postby JonC » Sun Mar 04, 2007 23:27

Hello All,

I have recently purchased a Silicon Image SiL3112a 2 port SATA Raid PCI card and a additional 250gb SATA drive (WD2500JD) with a view to setting up a Raid1 set.

I installed the PCI Raid card along with the lastest set of drivers and BIOS from the Silicon site and my existing XP installation can see the card and any additional drives that I connect onto the PCI card.

However if I move the boot drive onto the PCI card and then set the BIOS to boot from the master drive the PC will not boot, once it has recognised the drives under the PCI raid card the screen goes black and no XP splash screen.

I have tried to do a new installation onto the new WD2500JD as well, by selecting F6 and using the latest drivers as above, the install recognises the drive successfully, I can format it and it will copy the set-up files to the drive no problem, however once it reboots to carry on the install I get the black screen again.

The mainboard BIOS is the latest FSC version F6 and i'm using Windows XP with SP2 slipstreamed onto it.

If I connect the 2nd WD2500JD onto the secondary SATA port on the mainboard I can successfully install XP, so it must be something to do with either the SiL3112a card and/or the boot order.

Anyone out there have a clue as to what I need to do in order to run the two HDD off the SiL3112a with a Raid 1 set.

Thanks

Jon

bubblegum
Product(s): Scaleo T: Esprimo D9510 (work):Scaleo P

Postby bubblegum » Thu Mar 08, 2007 13:20

Sorry, all I can suggest is you post this on another forum.

Try http://www.computing.net I find this very good.

Return to “General topics”