How to update Bios?

Moderator: ModTeam

gavi25

How to update Bios?

Postby gavi25 » Tue Dec 26, 2006 22:10

Hi there, I have downloaded the new bios file from this site.

I can't find anything to tell me how to install/update the bios with the file I have just downloaded.

Can anyone help me?

Kind Regards
Gavin Moss

mrdavid

Re: How to update Bios?

Postby mrdavid » Wed Dec 27, 2006 13:48

gavi25 wrote:Hi there, I have downloaded the new bios file from this site.

I can't find anything to tell me how to install/update the bios with the file I have just downloaded.

Can anyone help me?

Kind Regards
Gavin Moss

Hello
What kind of download did you do? Exe-file or iso-file? Did you try to run the exe if that was you choose? With an exe-file you would get some hints. Put in an empty floppy, run the program (the exe) and it will write/format the floppy disk with everything including the boot files required to do the floppy boot. If the current Bios in the target pc is set to boot on the floppy disk you insert the newly made floppy and boot on it. The rest should normally be automatic... I have just had a seemingly faulty bios update download here, but perhaps you have better luck...

If you haven't got much experience with this kind of things you should consider using more help from someone else (and then also provide much more information on what you have, what you want to do and why).
As a rule of thumb one should be carefull with these kind of things. You could do wisely to make some notes of your current settings, current versions and general system setup before making any changes.

Hoping for the best!

Return to “General topics”