BT Broadband software

Moderator: ModTeam

johnniejewels

BT Broadband software

Postby johnniejewels » Mon Jun 05, 2006 6:42

After a critical crash on home pc I have had this repaired (New hard drive fitted etc etc).I have since tried to reload software for BT Broadband using original CD Rom and a new Replacement Driver CD Rom from BT but still I cannot get drivers to load.

I have in vain tried to sort out the fault with BT but every time I am speaking to people in India who in reality are not very good technically (something like me). I can load software for printer etc etc from my E Drive!!!!! BT are saying it is fault with my home pc.

The error message as follows comes up when I try the new driver CD Rom " Cant get registry value : key = SoftwareGlobespan Virata Adsl value = driver type "

Any suggestions for rectifying this fault. Any help would be appreciated asap.

Many thanks

John

2003bhoy

Help!!!!

Postby 2003bhoy » Thu Jun 22, 2006 13:04

Hi there,
I'm hoping that you have found a solution to this registry key problem as I'm encountering the exact same myself. I also had a severe crash and had to install a new hard drive, but after formatting it wont let me install the driver for the modem and gives the same message as you posted about registry value. If you have found a solution to this please PM me or post your reply.

Thanks in advance.

Return to “General topics”