drivers YBVF180874

Moderator: ModTeam

Chip

drivers YBVF180874

Postby Chip » Thu May 04, 2006 10:57

Greetings!
I have a desktop computer - it's serial is YBVF180874.
I hav trouble with the drivers. Where can I donwload them from?
The sound card has no drivers installed (i unistalled it by mistake) and i cannot find the drivers for it!

Mike_26

Postby Mike_26 » Thu May 04, 2006 12:33

If you go to this page http://support.fujitsu-siemens.com/com/support/downloads.html then you can type in the serial number which you posted, and get all the drivers for your computer. That website can be accessed also if you go to the Fujitsu-Siemens main website, click on support and then click on Downloads.

Hope that helps.
Mike

Chip

Postby Chip » Thu May 04, 2006 14:11

It is not working - as it tries to detect my hardware and it does not see my soundcard... so after it searches it tells me there are no updates available for me... though the sound card appears under device manager as "unknown multimedia controller" or i don't know what...
so... what ca I do? what type of soundcard is it? maybe i'l find drivers somewhere else?

Mike_26

Postby Mike_26 » Thu May 04, 2006 20:26

Make sure you unzip the drivers to an obvious place on your hard drive - ie make a folder on C: (or your main Hard drive) and call it Sound Driver. Then in device manager, right click on the unknown device, and press update driver. Then follow the wizard, but use the "Install the software from a specific location" option, and the "Don't search, I will choose the driver to Install" option. Then click on the "Have Disk" button, and choose the driver from the folder you made earlier.

If that still doesn't work, then download Everest Home Edition, (search on Google), and that software should be able to find out what your soundcard is. Then you can search for drivers on the net.

Hope that helps.
Mike

Chip

Postby Chip » Thu May 04, 2006 20:30

i know th procedure of manual install...

but on that computer all the website did was searching automatically for the hardware and trying to update my drivers.. i tried the website forma different computer and i downloaded them. now i'll go and install them manually.
thankyou!

Return to “General topics”