My P.C Turns it self off!

Moderator: ModTeam

leec345

My P.C Turns it self off!

Postby leec345 » Fri Dec 23, 2005 23:38

My p.c keeps turning it self off. IT IS NOT A VIRUS I have formatted it twice now. It mostly turns it self off when im giving it large tasks like big games etc The only thing that i find out the the ordinary is the temperature readings are sky high! ive seen them as much as 90°C now that cant be right. but the fan is running at 2722 RPM :?: :?:

I need help :cry: [/img]

x20inc

Postby x20inc » Sat Dec 24, 2005 21:29

If its not a virus a would think its some sort of dogey connection. How old is the pc may i ask

leec345

Postby leec345 » Sun Dec 25, 2005 16:02

just over 1 year

ianhmcn

Postby ianhmcn » Thu Dec 29, 2005 17:13

I have the same problem on a 3 year old scaleo running Windows XP.
How long does it take before you can restart your computer. It can take over 12 hours before mine will restart. I think it may be an overheating problem but I am not sure. Has anyone any new ideas?

thejackofspades

Postby thejackofspades » Thu Dec 29, 2005 20:26

hey i'm having a very similar problem, i have the scaleo P running xp and its only a few months old yet if i play reasonably hi spec games such as splinter cell chaos theory or max payne 2 after about between 20mins to an hour the computer restarts itself. how can i check temprature readings as i can see if mine are high too and if it is indeed an overheating problem.

Rainie

Postby Rainie » Fri Dec 30, 2005 14:47

sounds very much like a cpu overheating problem. Open up the case and check for dust on the fans. If there is a build up of dust whizz down to the pc shop and by a can of compressed air and give it a clean. You could also look into buying a bigger better fan to help cool it down.

Also if you are overclocking your pc I would suggest you stop before you fry your chip. 90 degrees is great for making a cup of tea but not so good for delicate puter components :shock:

ianhmcn

Postby ianhmcn » Fri Dec 30, 2005 16:03

The can of compressed air helps. After using it, it takes a longer time for the computer to shut down. Must have another go with it to see if that helps even more. Other than going into the bios, is there any way of checking system temperatures?

Simon Shaw

Scaleo P with a ATI X550HM graphics card

Postby Simon Shaw » Tue Jan 03, 2006 1:11

Just bought the above and when a run certain games e.g. Rise of Nations, the graphics card gets very hot after 20 minutes starts to produce a faint burning smell and then the computer freezes or shuts down. I can't say I'm particularly happy with state of affairs as the card is not particularly high end.

Rainie

Postby Rainie » Tue Jan 03, 2006 17:06

do a google search, there are various bits of software that will tell you the system temperature for example this bit of software:

http://www.freedownloadmanager.org/down ... ture_info/

No idea how good it is as I use Everest Ultimate, but there are probably loads of freeware ones available or even trial copies you can use while diagnosing the fault.

thejackofspades

Postby thejackofspades » Tue Jan 10, 2006 17:35

I downloaded a freeware programme which monitors temperature and mine stays at approx 30 degrees so for me its not an overheating problem. Might have to make a call to the dreaded customer support hotline. horrah.

Jimmy_b0b

Postby Jimmy_b0b » Wed Jan 11, 2006 11:59

If your using the scaleo T model(Like me) then i can tell you that mine shuts off also. The main reason for this was because i have the computer up against a wall and the vent for the hot air to escape was kind of blocked so it was overheating. I have sort of fixed this problem but my cpu is still awlays getting hot (90 degrees +) sometimes.

Are you have any problem with your computer performance?, in games mine is incredibly slow.

ronben

Postby ronben » Thu Jan 12, 2006 11:52

Hi
Had this problem with my my computer after 9 months

The fan,heatsink and exit vents were blocked with dust.
gave it a good clean - now works OK

Now cive it a clean at intervals

Ron

Return to “General topics”