[Scenic P320 with D1961 mb] CPU support/upgrade?

Moderator: ModTeam

akseli
Product(s): Scenic P320 Sis661+ CeleronD 3.06GHz

[Scenic P320 with D1961 mb] CPU support/upgrade?

Postby akseli » Sun May 24, 2009 21:51

So I have a Scenic P320 with Celeron D prosessor, the motherboard is D1961 with Sis 661 chipset. Officially I know it supports at most Pentium 4, little over 3 GHz with HT. I think 3.2 GHz.

But the question is, does it support any more, possible some early Pentium D? The chipset manufacturer says the chipset supports some Pentium D models, but does this particular motherboard support such prosessor? It would be a nice suprice if it did.

kdelw
Product(s): Sceninc P320 Sis661

Re: [Scenic P320 with D1961 mb] CPU support/upgrade?

Postby kdelw » Thu Oct 22, 2009 23:15

Hi all,

Any chance to get an answer for that question?
I've just been given the scenic p320 on the same chipset, and I have one pentium d 820 processor laying aroung my house.
I've put it in, computer starts says something (just at a bios post note) that processor patch can not be loaded. I can press f1 and go further but the system xp, live cd ubuntu etc. hang when loading.

When I boot my computer from Ultimate Boot CD, there's an Intel tool to recognize the processor, and It shows all the information properly ( 2 processors, what processor it is etc.)

Anyone found anything to make this processor working on this system? I've tried to put some bios patches (microcode) but that still doesn't work.

Thanks

Return to “SCENIC”