[Scenic P300] - how do I flash BIOS in DOS please ?

Moderator: ModTeam

itworks
Product(s): All machines

[Scenic P300] - how do I flash BIOS in DOS please ?

Postby itworks » Thu Dec 11, 2008 18:01

I have a Scenic P300 and had to replace the D1561 motherboard because the original one failed.
I have installed a D1451 motherboard.
When I boot up it stops on ERROR: Patch for installed CPU not loaded. Please run the BIOS flash update diskette.

I've checked the Fujitsu-Siemens support pages and they refer to http://support.fujitsu-siemens.com/incl ... ortFAQ.asp
This says:
"Solution:
The Microcode of the CPU is not implemented in the BIOS. For Fujitsu Siemens Mainboards a special Flash Bios Microcode Patch Update Diskette is available. Please download a special file from website to create the Flash Bios Microcode Patch Update Diskette. Please find more information in the enclosure: wp_microcode_update_en.pdf "

But the link here only takes you back to the first step and infers you run this via Windows using Desk View ?
I need to get a working system again and was hoping to flash the BIOS via DOS first.
Please can anyone give me the steps to do this please ?

Thanks
Alan

Thomas FTS

Re: Scenic P300 - how do I flash BIOS in DOS please ?

Postby Thomas FTS » Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:59

Hi Alan,

youu have to install the Microcode Update. Follow this link and it leads you to a file with which you can create a bootable disk.

http://support.fujitsu-siemens.com/Down ... 1D42969F8B

Regards
Thomas FSC

itworks
Product(s): All machines

Re: Scenic P300 - how do I flash BIOS in DOS please ?

Postby itworks » Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:32

Thomas - excellent link.

Was able to create the boot disk easily and go on to reinstall Windows on the original hard disk.

Very many thanks for your trouble.

Alan :D

Return to “SCENIC”