[D1534] Entering Setup Menu For Scenic E600

Moderator: ModTeam

kwng
Product(s): Fujitsu Siemens Scenic E600 (D1534)

[D1534] Entering Setup Menu For Scenic E600

Postby kwng » Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:24

Hi. I just bought 3 Fujitsu Siemens Scenic E600 from Ebay and currently unable to access setup menu to enable the use of USB keyboard. Normally, when a PC boots up, I can see the BIOS chip info, then the key to access setup if needed and then the Windows XP professional will start. However, the Scenic E600 I have purchased, when starts up has no display at all (blank screen) with a blinking line on top left hand corner then the Windows XP flag came up. I read the key for Fujitsu Siemens Scenic E600 is usually F1 but when I press it continuously, it only delays the start up of Windows XP slightly but the setup menu does not come up. The Windows XP starts fine and works fine but I need to access the setup menu to enable the detection of USB keyboard. Please help.

bubblegum
Product(s): Scaleo T: Esprimo D9510 (work):Scaleo P

Re: [D1534] Entering Setup Menu For Scenic E600

Postby bubblegum » Sun Nov 23, 2008 14:05

Description:
How to find out the installed BIOS version of the Fujitsu Siemens Computers mainboard.

Solution:

1st possibility:

By default "Quiet Boot" is enabled (without BIOS messages). Therefore no information is displayed. Press [Esc]-key first during boot and then press [Pause/Break]-key. On the left upper corner on the screen you will find a BIOS message like A.AA RX.XX.YYYY.ZZ.
Explanation:
A.AA is the version
RX.XX is the release
YYYY is the D-number of the mainboard
ZZ is the version of the mainboard.

For example the mainboard D2348 A2 with BIOS version 6.00/release 1.06 would be displayed as:

PhoenixBIOS Version 6.00 R.1.06.2348.A2

Press any key to continue booting.

2nd possibility:

Enter the BIOS by pressing the [F2] key. Press [F1] to display the system information in the BIOS. All relevant information are shown here also as explained above.
Use anti virus, backup your data, use google.
POST BACK EVEN IF THE HELP DOESN'T HELP.

A Thank You would be nice if I have helped.

UK MP's are thieving scumbags

kwng
Product(s): Fujitsu Siemens Scenic E600 (D1534)

Re: [D1534] Entering Setup Menu For Scenic E600

Postby kwng » Thu Dec 18, 2008 16:19

Thanks for your help. It's F2 and the setup screen will come up but then the enabling of usage for USB keyboard is not available in the setup menu. So I was not able to use a USB keyboard with Scenic E600.
I am also very sad that one of my Scenic E600 is burned today.

Return to “SCENIC”