[Scenic] HDD problem

Moderator: ModTeam

colin@mossbank.com

[Scenic] HDD problem

Postby colin@mossbank.com » Fri Mar 09, 2007 23:01

I have a scenic desktop computer. I've added a new formatted HDD and made my origional HDD my primary slave. It won't detect the HDD because i am missing some sort of driver for the disk ? Norton Ghost told me that i was missing a driver for the type of partition that is on the disk and that it couldn't ghost the drive. Some sort of recover partition or something...the computer is in work, i am at home now.

Thanks

bubblegum
Product(s): Scaleo T: Esprimo D9510 (work):Scaleo P

Postby bubblegum » Sat Mar 10, 2007 20:26

Do you mean ntdlr is missing?
I think to restore a partition using ghost, it has to be the same size partition. Perhaps you need to clone rather than image the old drive first.
If you put the new drive in on it's own, is it seen in the bios? Make sure the link is set to master.
For more help with ghost try http://radified.com/cgi-bin/YaBB/YaBB.cgi

If you go to the new hard disk manufacturers site, they will probably have a utility to copy the old drive.

colin@mossbank.com

Postby colin@mossbank.com » Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:34

It says the partition is type 44 and related to go Goback That is why it won't let me ghost the drive.

Norway

Postby Norway » Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:16

remove the old hdd and begin with the new one installed. Have xp cd in your cd rom and boot from cd rom. You should now follow the steps too innstall xp on a volume. Choose the new volume (you prob need to format maybe) . If you choose to use diskmanagment on the other hdd be sure to set it as regular disk NOT Dynamic (wont go into this but if you put this as dynamic you would have troble getting data out from it if the master hdd fails, because xp is "running" the disk).

i assume you have the knowledge too set the jumpers right on the slave disk.

good luck

B

Return to “SCENIC”