Fujitsu Siemens Windows Partition

Moderator: ModTeam

ronfujitsu

Fujitsu Siemens Windows Partition

Postby ronfujitsu » Wed Aug 02, 2006 17:01

I own a Fujitsu Siemens Scenic N300 PC with a valid windows XP PRO key on the side of the case. The machine was sold to me by a friend who formatted over the main hard drive (there were 2 hard drives in the machine but one died) as he had information on it that he didn't want shared. I believed I could use my Windows XP Pro disc (from my other PC) to reinstall Windows XP on the N300PC. This doesn't work as the key is not valid when installing using this method.

It turns out that Fujitsu have a hidden partition on one of the hard drives that contains the Windows XP image to be reinstalled. Obviously this has either been formatted over or was on the hard drive that failed as I can't find a hidden partition on the one good hard drive (I've used Partition Magic, Acronis Suite etc.etc.). Is there a way of downloading this hidden partition or obtaining it from Fujitsu. I am angry because I believed I had purchased a valid XP machine and yet can't install it. Do I also need a recovery disk to access the partition?

Thanks,

Rich.

mbnsve

Postby mbnsve » Fri Aug 11, 2006 17:32

As far as I know, there should not be a recovery partition, since it normally ships with a Product Recovery CD, which works the same as any other Windows XP cd.

If you look at this page, you will see the standard configuration.

Return to “SCENIC”