Scenic T i845GL

Moderator: ModTeam

BigBird

Scenic T i845GL

Postby BigBird » Fri Jul 14, 2006 18:59

After a long life in the office, I am trying to re-install Scenic T i845GL for my youngest daughter.

The PC crashed and I was advised to reload XP from the orginal disk set. I have done this but now have no USB ports, and the connection to the web through the network connection isn't working. I have checked the device manager settings , system section of the control panel and it shows a large question mark by the Ethernet controller, multimedia audio controller, sm bus controller, usb controller and video controller. The message goes on but at the end says that the device is not installed by each device.

I have re-installed XP from the disk but so far no change in the situation.

The PC was working fine until late last week, when a usb web cam was connected to the PC and all these problems began.

Can anyone give me any advice on how to solve the above problem, I have even considered installing a simple 10/100 card to give internet access but would rather rget the PC working in its original state.

Thanks for any help given

plusmore

Postby plusmore » Sat Jul 15, 2006 20:36

Sounds like you need the motherboard drivers etc. These should be on a Drivers and Utilities disk. You can also download them from http://support.fujitsu-siemens.com/com/ ... loads.html using another machine that has internet access.

Return to “SCENIC”