PC won't turn on.

Moderator: ModTeam

colcar

PC won't turn on.

Postby colcar » Wed Jan 18, 2006 15:27

Hi. I have a Scenic XB that won't turn on.
When I turn on the power it starts to boot for a moment and then swithes off. The monitor is powered from the PSU output socket and when the PC switches off the indicator light on the monitor also goes out.

When I disconnect the power and then reconnect it, the orange light comes on the monitor, but if I turn the PC on again the process repeats.
The user told me that the PC was turning itself off for no reason during use. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Colin.

flyingdutchman_nl

Postby flyingdutchman_nl » Sat Apr 22, 2006 16:53

i think its a processor problem

blackhawk_be

Postby blackhawk_be » Wed May 31, 2006 7:46

I think I have a simular problem with a N600.

When I boot, the PC power shuts off when Win 2000 is starting. When I boot in safe mode or DOS, the problem does not occur.

I already replaced power supply, HD, videocard but the problem stays.
Tomorrow gonna try with a Linux OS

dclowes

Postby dclowes » Wed May 31, 2006 10:08

it could be related to a power saving option in the bios. I suggest you clear your cmos (default it) and try again

Also what are you power management option under windows. I know there are tweak that can be applied to prevent this. Google it :)

Mayr_TS

Re:

Postby Mayr_TS » Wed May 31, 2006 11:30

dclowes wrote:I suggest you clear your cmos (default it) and try again

I think, this is not possible for him!
I suggest to test with minimum configuration:
Remove all drives, just test with power supply, motherboard, RAM and CPU. In this constellation you should be able to enter the BIOS.
If not, the problem is one of this components and it is not related to the OS.
Of course, this is not yet a solution, but then you're an importent step further.

Kind Regards
Gerhard

Return to “SCENIC”