Slow POST screen problem with MSI MS-7293 (FSC OEM)

Moderator: ModTeam

rootkit
Product(s): MSI MS-7283 (Fujitsu Siemens OEM)

Slow POST screen problem with MSI MS-7293 (FSC OEM)

Postby rootkit » Sun May 09, 2010 11:37

I'm having a very bizarre issue with GT 220 card I instaled.

When installing this card into a PC, the POST screen after BIOS takes a RIDICULOUSLY long time to display. I mean it takes about 1 second per character, and each character is drawn from top to bottom; it takes about 10 minutes to draw the entire screen. After this madness, the computer will boot into various OS's, With other cards it work fine.

From nvidia support they said:

Presently, it appears it may be due to the motherboard BIOS, not the card itself. If after examining additional motherboards, the results are the same, this means that the fix will be to ask the motherboard maker to provide a BIOS update with a fix. The fix is very simple. A register in the motherboard BIOS must be enabled which appears some may not have enabled it. Your motherboard must have Memory Type Range Register (MTRR) enabled.

And later:

We have created a workaround through a newer video BIOS. Unfortunately, since each video BIOS is custom made for each board model and manufacturer, you will need to contact the maker of your graphics card to obtain a newer video BIOS for your graphics card. The video BIOS fix has been pushed to our board partners already.

This was a month ago and I still don`t have answer from inno3D (they say: no new VBIOS, sorry). Is there any way to obtain new BIOS for my MoBo with this MTRR enabled? I am with the latest BIOS.

Thank you for your attention!

rootkit
Product(s): MSI MS-7283 (Fujitsu Siemens OEM)

Re: Slow POST screen problem with MSI MS-7293 (FSC OEM)

Postby rootkit » Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:54

Anyone?

Return to “Mainboards”