D1711 (ASUS K8V-MX/S)

Moderator: ModTeam

duke_of_Tulsa
Product(s): D1711 Mainboard/ Asus K8V-MX/s

D1711 (ASUS K8V-MX/S)

Postby duke_of_Tulsa » Thu Dec 31, 2009 17:41

This is a legacy item, I know this. However since it is still in production and for sale, people like me see the "ASUS" tag and buy it for the low low price. You get what you pay for! now my questions (general)

I transferred my old hardware, including CORSAIR PC3200 400Mhz CL2.5 256MB (2 of them) memory, REG, ECC to my D1711. It works fine, however, I need more memory

I purchased HP memory, PC3200 400Mhz CL3 512MB (2 of them) REG ECC

The board specs according to the manual are PC3200 400Mhz CL3 Non-Reg Non-ECC (which shouldn't matter, it never has before) with a maximum 2X 1 GB.

With the new HP memory, computer does not post. I'm good at online research, and most of the stuff I find points towards this board being a lemon. I use my computer mostly for reading and doing menial work (scanning, word processing, etc) no games or high end applications, so my needs are modest, but I really need more memory with newer software eating up the 512 I've been running on for years.

Any suggestions would be helpful, you can even IM me on yahoo, das_beaker.

J.O.

PS... I've tried using tech support forums in the past, I have 20 years working experience with computers and know a lot of stuff. It really irks me to no end when some wannabe starts suggesting fundamental tries, such as "reinstall windows" and "did you flash the BIOS". Read carefully... the memory SHOULD and DOES NOT work, maybe there is something I am missing. I flashed the BIOS, I have tried everything that I can think of, but the computer does not post, so my options are limited. With my old memory in, it works fine, albeit very slowly. Also the sound card has never worked, yes it is enabled in the BIOS, it exists in Device manager, and I have tried new/factory, as well as the original OEM drivers, and different speakers. It is not muted.

pdlwx
Product(s): D1711

Re: D1711 (ASUS K8V-MX/S)

Postby pdlwx » Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:21

1, What is the module size of HP memory? For 512MB RAM, it should 64M x 8bits x8 configuration

That is to say your memory has to 8 pieces module IC on DIMM

2, No audio output from rear port? Check the FP_AUDIO connector. FLINE_OUT_L should jumped with LINE_OUT_L, and the FLINE_OUT_R jumped with LINE_OUT_R

Hoping it is helpful for you.

Return to “Mainboards”