Updating my motherboard

Moderator: ModTeam

Kimbo

Updating my motherboard

Postby Kimbo » Sun Dec 31, 2006 1:46

Hi! :)

I just wanted to check in here before I go off and buy some new stuffs for my motherboard. What I was planning on buying is a new grafic card and new memory.

My motherboard is called: D1627 G21 GS 2 (got that from a label on it). I only found D1627 A21 and C32 on this website, am I missing something here? :S

What I was wondering is there any restrictions on what types of memory I can use?

Same questions for the grafic card (I can't have PCIe, that mouc hI found :) ), does it matter what kind of memory the card uses?

And I also would like to ask about updating the BIOS, it's rather difficult I have heard, so I was wondering if there was some good tips for it or a guide somewhere that is good.

THanks for the help
/kim

jingo2000

Motherboard

Postby jingo2000 » Sun Dec 31, 2006 11:02

Find the Ident number from the back of you pc, it will begin with Y and PM me, i will tell you what model of board is in your pc.

I presume you have an AGP slot if you cannot have PCI-E, There is no real restrictions on what type of ram you have. the only things to check is what the AGP slot is, is it AGP x4 or x8. Also beware that if you get a top end AGP card then your power supply will need to be high output to power it without causing a system drain.

Updating the bios is easy, you can either do it via cdrom or floppy. once you tell me your Ident Number i can tell you what bios you need.

DO NOT POST YOUR IDENT NUMBER IN THIS THREAD, PM ME :-)

Return to “Mainboards”