AC connection or interior DC pin?

Moderator: ModTeam

boydpatty
Product(s): Amilo

AC connection or interior DC pin?

Postby boydpatty » Tue Sep 22, 2009 17:46

I could use some advice on how to solve the problem of my AC power cutting out with only a slight movement of the cable. This happend with an older laptop (different brand) and I got this Amilo as a replacement. In the past I bought a new AC cable (universal) thinking that was the problem. I believe it's the interior DC pin (in both cases) that has become too sensitive. I don't move my laptop often, but a slight re-adjustment of the AC cable causes the machine to swicth to the battery power. Has anyone else experienced this? My battery life is getting shorter by the day! I don't want to have to take the machine apart but am prepared to with some guidance. Hope you can help...thanks

amater
Product(s): Lifebook E8020, Lifebook S7110, Amilo D7830, Amilo Pro V2030, Pocket LOOX N560, Scenic L, Scenic XS, Celsius M460

Re: AC connection or interior DC pin?

Postby amater » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:28

It is possible that the power is breaking due to a loose/faulty soldering on the DC plug - I have seen that on few occasions. The notebook had to be taken apart and the DC plug had to be resoldered on the mainboard.

It's not brain surgery, but you have to be carefull couse you can do a lot of damage if you don't know what you're doing.
Share your knowledge...

Return to “General topics”