Keys on keyboard

Moderator: ModTeam

Skip

Keys on keyboard

Postby Skip » Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:06

Hello,

A few weeks ago i recieved a laptop for my birthday. I'm very happy with the laptop from Siemens, you understand.

Everything works fine and the machine does his job very well. But i have a question about my laptop:

On the keyboard you have the F1, F2, F3 etc. keys. On the keys you see pictures, a moon, a battery, sound logo etc. But when i press the buttons i don't see anything happening. So i want to know how i get the buttons working..

And i have another question:
Next to the on/off there are two other buttons. One of them has a picture under it that show a fan. The other one has a picture of an information logo..

How do i get this working?

Sorry for my english im from Holland!

Fred FTS

Postby Fred FTS » Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:02

you are welcome Skip,

to use the second functions of the keyboard, please use the function key <Fn> together with the key you want to use the second function.

e.g. for change the brightness or volume.

The Button near the power button, are Quickstart buttons to start the browser (i - like internet) or to set the device in silent mode (means you switch the CPU and FSB automaticaly to half power)

It is called silent mode because the fan will run not so fast or never in this mode because the less power of CPU + Chipset.
Most used in communal buildings or libraries where it is not necessary to use the full power of the system.

Best regards
FredFSC
THE POSSIBILITIES ARE INFINITE

Skip

Postby Skip » Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:20

Really thanks for helping me out! :P

Return to “General topics”