German Cord leaves notebook unuseable in the US

Moderator: ModTeam

unhappy

German Cord leaves notebook unuseable in the US

Postby unhappy » Thu Dec 14, 2006 7:14

Well I purchased a notebook, thinking that Siemens Fujitsu is a worldwide company and I would not encounter any problems switching from germany to the US! I was very wrong.
The Fujitsu person Bryant was his name told me to get rid of the Siemens Notebook, if I could not use it with the the German cord and the powerunit overheating. Very helpful!!!

Perhaps one of the distinguished people from Siemens Fujitsu will read my lines and tell me where I can buy a new power unit, which will not overheat and has an American plug to connect to local power outlets!!!!

I would appreciate a reply to the following email address Goldolphinfarm@hotmail.com !!

:roll:

P996

Postby P996 » Tue Dec 19, 2006 22:49

I'm not quite sure I understand what you're talking about, especially since you don't even mention the model number of your notebook.

If your notebook has an "international" power adapter for 110-240 V, it should work just fine in the US, I don't see how it could overheat.
The german "cord" is no problem at all, you can buy travel adapters almost everywhere in the US, for example at airports but also at Radio Shack or at Sharper Image (they have stores in almost every larger mall).

Sorry but it seems you don't have too much computer knowledge because your post doesn't make much sense.
I travel several times per year to the US (from Germany) and never had a single problem with my notebooks, incl. the ones made by FSC.

Return to “General topics”