As most of you I have had a lot of problems with my laptop trying to install i.e. XP Prof SP2 vs. XP Home SP2.
After a lot of searching I finally found something that actually works!
nLite allows you to edit your XP installation disc and add the drivers for the SATA HD on your laptop. (Also makes unattended setups but that's not what we need is it?)
- Install the .Net Framework 2.0, you can find this on the download pages of Microsoft's site.
- Install nLite, (google on "download nLite" should bring you to a lot of download pages for this application)
- Download and unzip the files that have the latest SATA drivers, you can find these on the FSC site right here for your own laptop type.
- Make nLite create a new installation ISO for you and be sure to make it bootable. You will want to select ADD DRIVERS and select the drivers from the download. For VIA, the proper drivers are located in "FSC_1002705.zip/DrvDisk/i386/NT5"
- Burn the ISO with UltraISO, MagicISO or load it with DaemonTools or something else.
This should create a new installation disc that works!