Flashed new BIOS >> Only Beeps

Moderator: ModTeam

frankiepankie

Flashed new BIOS >> Only Beeps

Postby frankiepankie » Sat Sep 30, 2006 9:21

Hello, i had problems with my Scenic 510 that it hangs at the bios screen (not IN the bios ) and won't continue with booting. I have found some older BIOS versions for Scenic 510 on this page: http://download.fujitsu-siemens.com/Dow ... 23401556E9

I have downloaded the file on top, there are multiple BIOS versions in the ZIP file, the one i have flashed is : "bf3e31.bin"

But now it only beeps! :shock:

The beeps i hear are: Beep-beepbeep-beepbeep-beepbeepbeep

propediotika

Re: Flashed new BIOS >> Only Beeps

Postby propediotika » Sat Sep 30, 2006 9:35

On this webpage http://www.computerhope.com/beep.htm i have found that beep code 1-2-2-3 means BIOS ROM checksum. Maybe the flashing was not successful.

frankiepankie

Postby frankiepankie » Sat Sep 30, 2006 9:36

I tried to make the flashing of the good bios backup automatic, but i doesn't do anything :shock:

It only boots, gives the beeps then nothing.. the screen remains black

kosten

Re:

Postby kosten » Mon Oct 02, 2006 15:34

frankiepankie wrote:I tried to make the flashing of the good bios backup automatic, but i doesn't do anything :shock:

It only boots, gives the beeps then nothing.. the screen remains black

I have experienced something like this (I mean beeping), but on my desktop.

I flashed my BIOS unsuccessfully that time.

frankiepankie

<>

Postby frankiepankie » Tue Oct 03, 2006 18:34

I tried to hotflash my bios in a old motherboard, but "UniFlash" says that the size of the BIOS and the BIOS image don't match, but it is a official bios flash from this site :?:

frankiepankie

UPdate

Postby frankiepankie » Thu Oct 26, 2006 16:24

Ok guys, tried many solutions. Nothing worked

- I have visited a guy with a BIOS programmer, he has programmed the BIOS Succesful (he said)
- Tried to make a bootblock jumper (found on a HP forum)
- Tried to go into recovery mode with Fn + B pressing on startup, Tried the same with Win + B

But the problem that i now have: I turn on the laptop, the HDD spins up. Nothing happens further, the screen remains black, also on an external monitor.
What i find strange, that it doesn't go beeping on startup if i have removed al the RAM memory, before the bios flash (It was working) it would go beeping to say that it doesn't have any RAM memory inside.

The laptop is getting hot on the bottom after a while so it isn't broken

Help wanted, thank you!

Return to “SCENIC Mobile”