Reinstall Disc

Moderator: ModTeam

funnnyfarm
Product(s): St4120

Reinstall Disc

Postby funnnyfarm » Tue Dec 27, 2011 17:11

My hard drive went bad and I replaced it, only I do not have a reinstall disc. I have XP Home and XP Pro. But no Tablet XP ST4120 install or recovery disc. Any ideas where to get one? thank Al Cassell

sabrex
Product(s): Various

Re: Reinstall Disc

Postby sabrex » Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:37

Hi
Had a look into this for you and found a Readme
Drive Image Special Edition
PowerQuest Drive Image SE (Special Edition) provides a way to restore your computer if you experience a hard disk crash or
other system failure. Fujitsu Technology Solutions has used PowerQuest Drive Image SE (Special Edition) to create an image of everything that was installed on the computer at the time you purchased it. There is a factory image on a separate partition on the hard disk. PowerQuest recommends that you create a Drive Image SE diskettes as "rescue diskettes."

Unfortunately looks like the only way to get this done is by booking in a non warranty repair. (hopefully excluding the cost of hard disk since you have already got one in)

Tablet PC Edition can only be loaded by the Manufacturer. If you are unlucky enough to need a new HDD it will be fitted by Fujitsu repair shop pre-loaded with the OS.

Had you just needed the "rescue diskettes." I may have been able to help but you need to find your local fujitsu warranty desk to book a non warranty repair.

funnnyfarm
Product(s): St4120

Re: Reinstall Disc

Postby funnnyfarm » Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:53

I called support at fujitsu USA to see if they had a set of reinstall discs , they did . 6 install discs and 1 boot disk that you referring to. And it installed great. So that leads to two problem. The first was a yellow ? in Device Manager under Unknown Device .I again went to support and downloaded FTS_WacomPenDigitizer_1000_1002407 that fixed the yellow ?. The second is the pen still dose not work , so I went to Fujitsu Support/drivers/ST4120 and two pen drivers are there the first is a PenSP2 (T41i0_Pen_V101_XP.exe) .I download it and a window comes up that says do I want to Update or Remove . That tells me that it is installed already so I went to the second pen driver and tried downloading it. I come up with the same answer. So I read feather down the readme of the drivers and it tells me I should open Device Manager , "Wacom Serial Pen HID Tablet" must be installed under "Human Interface Devices" group. Its not there. I find the driver Wacom Serial Pen HID Tablet on line. download it. but it dose not show up in the Human Interface Devices in Device Manager. Dose anyone know how to get pen to work? Thanks funnnyfarm

Return to “STYLISTIC Tablet PC”