New Celsius H700 freezes or crashes almost every day

Moderator: ModTeam

object
Product(s): Celsius Mobile Workstation H700

New Celsius H700 freezes or crashes almost every day

Postby object » Tue Oct 05, 2010 15:20

Hello,

I bought Celsius H700 notebook couple of weeks ago, and while it's a fast and powerful machine, I've never experienced so many crashes with any other computer. There are two things that happens:
- either machine freezes completely, so I have to turn it off and on,
- or it crashes with blue screen after hibernation.

Some days it freezes 2-3 times. So this is a very big problem for me right now. The machine runs 64 bit Windows 7, and I updated all drivers and applied the latest BIOS. These are examples of reports from WhoCrashed after two latest BSODs:

On Tue 05.10.2010 05:57:13 your computer crashed
This was likely caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe
Bugcheck code: 0xC2 (0x42, 0x129DA000, 0x0, 0x0)
Error: BAD_POOL_CALLER
Dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\100510-15740-01.dmp
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect, possibly the culprit is in another driver on your system which cannot be identified at this time.

On Mon 04.10.2010 07:06:35 your computer crashed
This was likely caused by the following module: netio.sys
Bugcheck code: 0x1000007E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF880016024BB, 0xFFFFF88003570128, 0xFFFFF8800356F990)
Error: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M
Dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\100410-15194-01.dmp
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\netio.sys
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: Network I/O Subsystem
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect, possibly the culprit is in another driver on your system which cannot be identified at this time.

I installed tools to monitor temperature and DCP latency. No problems discovered. But something is definitely wrong.
Any help is appreciated.

sabrex
Product(s): Various

Re: New Celsius H700 freezes or crashes almost every day

Postby sabrex » Tue Oct 05, 2010 16:54

1st step: Please enter the bios area via tapping F2 on switch on and look for "Miscallaneous Configurations" Disable the Power management in the BIOS.
Save and exit the changes.

TEST UNIT

2nd step: If the fault continues please run the system diagnostic tool downloadable from http://uk.ts.fujitsu.com/support/downloads.html (possible Ram problem) click downloads left side. in the right Full software search box type "Diagnostics dos".
download the system diagnostics for DOS.
Its an ISO image so burn it using NERO or some free iso burner from the net....theres instruction on how to in the ZIP file along with the ISO file
Yes you can try Windows memory diagnostic tool via windows 7 but its best you do the test outside of the windows enviorement. if the DIFS (system diagnostic) comes back with an error code please call your local Fujitsu warranty desk to decode it for you.

The NetIO bug is caused by a problem in the registry. For a specific network action, NetIO.sys took a wrong value from the registry. Fixing your registry by system restore back to an earlier point should rectify but will be down to when it started happening ..... windows 7 likely gives you only a month back.

hope this is of some help

object
Product(s): Celsius Mobile Workstation H700

Postby object » Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:37

Thank you for the suggestions. I did step 1 (disabled power management in the BIOS), will see how it works now. If it does not help, will proceed with memory tests.

Joe Black
Product(s): Celsius H Series

Postby Joe Black » Wed Oct 12, 2011 16:19

Hello, I had the same problems with bluescreen or a frozen Computer. The only Software running in every case was Fujitsu OneClick Internet.

I did an update on Fujitsu OneClick Internet and the problem seems to be solved:
Running OneClick Internet and under Adjustments/Info you can see the current version. In my case it was Version 1.4, Build 2009....

On the Fujitsu Main Page / Downloads you can find the actual Version 1.8, Build 2010...

The Software Update-Button is not working proberly, so you have to do it manualy:

After a NewStart and Installing without deleting the old Version the software runs smoothly and the old adjustments are still working.

Hope it will help!

Return to “CELSIUS Mobile Workstations”