Celsius H240 dangerous high temperature.

Moderator: ModTeam

dusanz
Product(s): Fujitsu Siemens Celsius H240

Celsius H240 dangerous high temperature.

Postby dusanz » Wed Mar 09, 2011 21:31

I have Celsius H240, whose cpu temperature goes very high. I opened him for eventual cleaning, but everything is perfect clean, cpu fan works perfectly. But, fan runs at normal speed until the temperature reaches 70 degrees Celsius, then accelerate to his max speed to enhance cooling. Temperature sometimes goes up to 80 degrees, especially when i play some game, or when playing flash video format from internet. When the temperature reaches 80c, laptop switches to battery mode, slowing down the processor and graphics in order to cool down. This results in a sharp slowdown in the game and the flashing of the screen. It is strange that the fan speeds up when temp goes to 70c, instead of a lower temperature, since 70 is already very dangerous value. I even updated the bios, hoping that something will change for the better, but the problem remained. Otherwise, everything is completely stable, the laptop is not blocked or restarted, but he blows out very heat air. I am desperate with this.. :twisted: If someone had a similar problem and possible solution, I would be grateful if he tells me how to resolve this.

sabrex
Product(s): Various

Re: Celsius H240 dangerous high temperature.

Postby sabrex » Thu Mar 10, 2011 15:48

Possibly the thermal paste has dried up....Id be thinking about ...cleaning the excisting area off then (AKASA TIM clean) new thermal paste applied to the cpu and then refitting the fan coupling. 80 degrees i wouldnt be using the machine i can tell you. **recommend Fujitsu authorised prefered repairer. Unless you know what you are doing. Fujitsu does not release dissasembly instruction so can be a bit of a slow go and pic all the way!! :roll:

dusanz

Postby dusanz » Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:31

Thanks for your reply, i have much experience with opening and cleaning the laptop. I have already replaced the paste and nothing helped.. :(

sabrex

Postby sabrex » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:03

Did you clean off any old paste making sure you only put a dab on of the new?
Did you check the CPU pins as if one is bent or not making contact can give you high temps?

dusanz

Postby dusanz » Sun Apr 03, 2011 23:18

Answer to the first question is yes, i did it well.
I removed the CPU and i didn`t noticed a problem with the pins.
I think I know what`s the problem with overheating. I think that pasive radiator in his pipes have some kind of cooling gas. When that gas leaks then the cooler is not able to sufficiently cool the processor.
Perhaps the solution was that i buy a new cooler?

sabrex

Postby sabrex » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:56

Problem could be cooler or bad cpu then.

Return to “CELSIUS Mobile Workstations”