[Celsius H270] Fingerprint reader software missing

Moderator: ModTeam

AudunLarsen
Product(s): Celsius H270

[Celsius H270] Fingerprint reader software missing

Postby AudunLarsen » Fri Nov 28, 2008 19:01

Hi
Just got my Celsius H270 today.
The software for the fingerprint reader is not delivered with the notebook!!

I contacted Fujitsu-Siemens support in Norway, and I was told that I had to buy this software my selves!!!! (its called SmartCase Logon something).
(ref. Roger something at Fujitsu Siemens Computers - Teknisk Support in Norway (+47 800 83 005)

I'm really pissed off! So if you are sensitive to rude language stop reading!

I say ***** the H270, ***** Fujitsu-Siemens! I'm returning the Celsius H270 back to my supplier! Im buying a HP or Dell computer instead!
I don't accept this treatment as a customer. When I order a notebook with an internal fingerprint reader, I expect that it should work right out of the box!
Its like buying a new car with a turbo, and then after delivery getting told that if you want to use the turbo you need to pay an extra licence fee ....
As an IT consultant, advising customers in both software and hardware selections, you can bet your ass on that Fujitsu-Siemens is not on the top of my list anymore!
Not impressed!

Audun Larsen
Norway
OnePissedOff exCustomer!

bar
Product(s): H270

Re: [Celsius H270] Fingerprint reader software missing

Postby bar » Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:46

I totaly agree whit you I cant understand how Fujitsu Siemens dare to ask the customer to buy the software when the laptop is delivered whit a security device.
But thats not all I Placed my order for my H270 whit 8 GB of RAM 20.08.2008 and recived it 25.11.2008 and then whit 4 GB of RAM.
My colleague placed a order for a HP laptop at the same day he got his laptop after 1 week. Both laptops have matching properties only differece is that the Fujitsu Siemens can handle 8GB of RAM and HP 4 GB and the HP has a fingerprint reader that is delivered whit software. All other laptop computers I have baught have been delivered whit software for all installed devices Here is my list of laptop computers.
2 Acer
1 HP
1 Compaq
1 Dell
The only reason for me to choose the Fujitsu Siemens was the RAM next laptop will be an HP you can bet on that.

Bent Atle Randa
Norway
One Real PissedOff exCustomer!

joaommp
Product(s): Celsius H270, Celsius H250, Pocket Loox T830, Pocket Loox 420

Postby joaommp » Sat Jan 31, 2009 21:48

wait, you're pissed off because the computer didn't bring a software which you can download from the FSC website and that both the Celsius H I bought had with them?

check this story and then tell me who should be more pissed off:

viewtopic.php?f=97&t=36779

peter_de
Product(s): celsius mobile h270

Postby peter_de » Tue Feb 10, 2009 23:29

Its not missing.

A DVD NAMED Drivers & Utilities CELSIUS H came with your pc.
a. For manual inst. go to:
[dvdrom letter] :\driver\security\1023827_authen_tec_8_1_0_51.exe ...or
b. use autorun start etc. ( you know ) and follow the menu

c. dowload it from here: :arrow:
http://support.fujitsu-siemens.com/Down ... %20AES2550

Hope I could help U. :D
I dont have installed it jet, just downloadet and have to read whith one works better. :roll: :roll: :?: :?:

frada
Product(s): Celsius H270

Postby frada » Wed Feb 18, 2009 19:47

peter_de wrote:

Its not missing.

A DVD NAMED Drivers & Utilities CELSIUS H came with your pc.
a. For manual inst. go to:
[dvdrom letter] :\driver\security\1023827_authen_tec_8_1_0_51.exe ...or
b. use autorun start etc. ( you know ) and follow the menu

c. dowload it from here: :arrow:
http://support.fujitsu-siemens.com/Down ... %20AES2550

Hope I could help U. :D
I dont have installed it jet, just downloadet and have to read whith one works better. :roll: :roll: :?: :?:

Dear peter_de

the software you refer to in your answer is only the driver of the fingertip sensor and not the SmartCase Logon+ utility!

I confirm that SmartCase Logon+ is not comprised as a default when you buy a Celsius Mobile notebook with fingertip sensor; I bought one Celsius Mobile in Italy from an official FSC reseller in december 2008.

The most frustrating aspect of the story is that I am unable to buy this utility at all because all official FSC resellers in Italy do not have it available!

I am very disappointed with FSC for this fact; I paid my notebook over € 2100,00 and I am unable to buy an utility (that, also in my opinion, should be included in the standard software) that seems to exist only on the FSC web site!

Return to “CELSIUS Mobile Workstations”