[H240] 3G HSDPA

Moderator: ModTeam

_00_

[H240] 3G HSDPA

Postby _00_ » Tue Sep 04, 2007 17:40

Sierra Wireless module is not detected on my CELSIUS H240.

There is no Sierra Wireless AirCard HSDPA Modem nor Sierra Wireless HSDPA Network Adapter nor any other device detected.

There is no option in BIOS to enable/disable this module.

Placing/removing SIM card into/from slot under battery does not make any difference.

Running 3G Watcher gives 'No device detected' message.

Is it possible that it is SW problem?
Is there a way to check if MC8755 module is installed or missing?

H240_user

3G HSDPA on Celsius H240

Postby H240_user » Mon Sep 10, 2007 20:17

_oo_,

1. Remove the H240 battery and locate the SIM slot. Make sure the SIM lock switch is OFF (little black slider on the left of the SIM slot to the left position)

2. Insert your SIM card and make sure it locks in place (gently push until you hear a “click”)

3. Once the SIM card has been inserted move the SIM lock switch to ON (little black slider on the left of the SIM slot to the right position)

4. Put the battery back in place and turn the Celsius H240 back on (Power). Make sure the Wireless Switch on the Celsius front side is ON (right position) to enable all wireless connectivity (WLAN, UMTS/WAN and Bluetooth)

5. Once the system has booted up you may want to check under the Windows XP device manager whether all device drivers have been installed for the UMTS modem hardware

6. Finally use the supplied (and hopefully installed) 3G-Watcher application to define your UMTS/GPRS network and access points and then to connect to the network(s)

Note: The Sierra Wireless UMTS/WAN adapter built into my Celsius H240 supports connections to either GSM/GPRS or UMTS/3G networks. In addition it supports the EDGE (under GSM) and HSDPA (under UMTS) throughput enhancements.

I have got a couple of photos to illustrate the above settings and can forward them to you via PM if you wish (it is unfortunately impossible on this forum to attach files like PDF, etc.)

Cheers :D

_00_

failing STEP 5 - hardware is not detected

Postby _00_ » Fri Sep 14, 2007 15:24

Thanks for your reply, unfortunately my problem is that modem hardware is not detected by Windows XP (as stated in my previous message).

Whether I have SIM card in slot or not - it makes no difference.

For anyone with working 3G/GSM modem, could you please tell me if:
1. Is there an option in BIOS to enable/disable 3G (similar to one for BT an WiFi)?

2. Is modem/network adapter detected by Windows XP even if there is no SIM card inserted?

3. What resources (reported by Device Manager) are in use by modem and network adapter?

4. Does 3G/GSM module work under Linux? If yes - what distribution are you using?

Thank you.

pedrox

Postby pedrox » Sat Sep 15, 2007 12:24

i would soooo wish there was an answer to your question:-(

same probs here

i bet your bluetooth isnt working either?

i've tryed ubuntu & knoppix with no results

_00_

Re: [H240] 3G HSDPA

Postby _00_ » Tue Apr 01, 2008 17:36

Just to let other know - module (http://www.sierrawireless.com/product/mc8775.aspx) is MISSING in my laptop, just empty slot ... so I am not surprised it does not work

hank2000
Product(s): - Fujitsu Siemens Celsius H240 (E8210)
- Fujitsu Siemens CELSIUS Mobile H (WF2-H)
- Fujitsu Siemens X-Series Livebook

Re: [H240] 3G HSDPA

Postby hank2000 » Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:20

Hi H240_user,

i see the HSDPA-Interface, and I even can talk to it, but i just refuses to get connected to the ppp-device.

So could you please send the config-details how you set up HSDPA with linux?
I'm stuck with wvdial and ppp.

Just after CHAP authentication succeeded the Serial link appears to be disconnected.

I tried it with a ZTE MF 637 on this laptop, and all went fine.

Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience.

Cheers

Heinrich

Return to “CELSIUS Mobile Workstations”