1. Remove the H240 battery and locate the SIM slot. Make sure the SIM lock switch is OFF (little black slider on the left of the SIM slot to the left position)
2. Insert your SIM card and make sure it locks in place (gently push until you hear a “click”)
3. Once the SIM card has been inserted move the SIM lock switch to ON (little black slider on the left of the SIM slot to the right position)
4. Put the battery back in place and turn the Celsius H240 back on (Power). Make sure the Wireless Switch on the Celsius front side is ON (right position) to enable all wireless connectivity (WLAN, UMTS/WAN and Bluetooth)
5. Once the system has booted up you may want to check under the Windows XP device manager whether all device drivers have been installed for the UMTS modem hardware
6. Finally use the supplied (and hopefully installed) 3G-Watcher application to define your UMTS/GPRS network and access points and then to connect to the network(s)
Note: The Sierra Wireless UMTS/WAN adapter built into my Celsius H240 supports connections to either GSM/GPRS or UMTS/3G networks. In addition it supports the EDGE (under GSM) and HSDPA (under UMTS) throughput enhancements.
I have got a couple of photos to illustrate the above settings and can forward them to you via PM if you wish (it is unfortunately impossible on this forum to attach files like PDF, etc.)