[Celsius] Audio from docking station is dull

Moderator: ModTeam

sniederb

[Celsius] Audio from docking station is dull

Postby sniederb » Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:57

Hi all

I've got a Celsius H240 with a docking station. The audio output directly from the notebook is crisp, but when I plug my speakers into the docking station, the sound is very dull. Moving the treble up to highest gives a slight improvement, but the quality is still poor.

I've got the HD Sound Effect Manager installed, and playing with the settings does have an effect on the sound quality, but I can't achieve nearly the same as when plugging in directly.

Anybody ever solved this?

Thanks
Simon

samthefunkmonkey

Postby samthefunkmonkey » Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:16

It sounds like you might have a dry joint/poor connection in the docking station there.

sniederb

Re:

Postby sniederb » Fri Apr 20, 2007 15:57

samthefunkmonkey wrote:It sounds like you might have a dry joint/poor connection in the docking station there.

Thanks for the hint, but to me the connection looks solid, fiddling with the plug doesn't change a bit. A friend of mine asked whether the docking station has its own sound chip. (Hinting that I might need to install a newer docking station firmware). How do I found out if it's something like that?

Cheers
Simon

samthefunkmonkey

Postby samthefunkmonkey » Fri Apr 20, 2007 16:21

Have a look inside the docking station - If the audio jack socket is connected to a circuit board then it could be firmware....

The other thing it could be is resistance but not sure how/why.

Return to “CELSIUS Mobile Workstations”