Celsius H240 and Window Vista - help with drivers

Moderator: ModTeam

uam

Celsius H240 and Window Vista - help with drivers

Postby uam » Fri Jul 07, 2006 16:54

Hi,
I just bought Celsius H240 and I'm running Vista public Beta 2. The installation CD with drivers for the notebook is completely useless, except perhaps for the sound card.

Please help me locate some working drivers. For the price I paid I expected a little bit more support from FS as well as for Vista.

What is most hot is Bluetooth. Windows does not have any idea that there is a bluetooth inside. I need it quite lot, please if you have any idea, let me know.
I would also welcome the driver for the fingerprint sensor. I was sad there is not a middle button but if I could use the sensor it would be nice. I know integrating into Vista's security is maybe not so easy, but some functionality - at least scrolling... :)
Which brings me to the touchpad. Any drivers for touchpad? I need to scroll....

Yes and the FUJ2B1, 3E1 and the last one or what the number was are causing device driver failure and BSODs. What are these hell devices for?

Thanks for any hint,
Jan

andy88

Postby andy88 » Fri Jul 07, 2006 18:03

Not to be rude, but you can't really expect a manufacturer to support, not even an RTM, but a beta OS on products that were not designed to run it. When Vista reaches RTM stages later this year, I expect FSC may start to release Vista drivers - but there's no chance of seeing drivers from us at the moment I would think. Your best bet would be to go directly to the device's manufacturer for support, as they may well follow ATI and nVidia and release beta Vista drivers.

For the bluetooth module and fingerprint reader, they're not very common peices of hardware, relatively speaking. I would suggest the manufacturer's website, although if it's not supported out of the box, or Vista doesn't like the current XP drivers, then I don't think there's much hope at the moment.

You may have more luck with the touchpad because it's far more common - I'd be suprised if the XP "drivers" don't work, because touchpads are pretty generic, all you're really installing is the software that sits around it and handles scrolling etc. If the FSC XP driver package doesn't work for this then definately visit the manufacturer's site.

Regards

Andy

uam

Postby uam » Fri Jul 07, 2006 19:12

Hi Andy.
Thank you for your reply. I'm a developer so I know what the beta means and of course I have not expected that everythink will work. Sorry if it sounded that I'm angry with it... (except a little with the FUJ* devices which I still have no idea what they are for(?))

I have ATI drivers installed and some drivers like modem and card readers were installed by Windows Update. I definetely wanted to go through the hardware vendors and find the drivers there, the only problem is, what is the hardware inside? Who should I contact? I have no idea who made the bluetooth, fingerprint reader, touch pad, and so on.

I wrote this post for case they are others people looking for vista drivers for Celsius, and they have already found some, or at least discovered the respective manufacturers.

Last, but not least, a couple of them are made by FSC (especially the notebook core (moreover when there is Vista capable label)), so if you are from the FSC team you could know something.....

No, really, I don't mind if I can not set the brightness of LCD in Windows, handle the hardware keys, or if I cannot use the fingerprint reader. If I need to, I would have to run XP and I find this okay. The only thing I would like to work with is the bluetooth, which I don't find so rare - so if you or somebody knows at least who manufactured it in this notebook, I will try to find it.

I'm sorry if my post sounded impolite, it wasn't intended to.

And for all who found any smallness tip for H240 hardware for Vista, let us know! :wink:

Jan

uam

Postby uam » Fri Jul 07, 2006 19:36

A little question more. I know how stupid this question can be, but for sure - it is possible, for example due to the driver missing, that the notebook heats more than it should? I know it has to warm somewhere, but I'm not sure if it is normal to heat up so much that I cannot touch it (at left bottom side, around the fan).
Thanks

kwaq

Postby kwaq » Fri Jul 14, 2006 15:30

Are you trying to instal drivers from *.exe files? If yes, then try setting compatibility with Windows XP. Right click on file => Properties => Compatibility. When I was using Longhorn (early beta of Vista), I had problems while installing drivers for mouse - *.exe file did not started. After setting compatibility it worked. If that won't work try opening those *.exe files with WinZip or WinRAR, extracting contents to some folder, and then installing them manualy with *.inf files.

uam

Postby uam » Sun Jul 16, 2006 16:17

Okay guys,
if you are going to work on Vista, this is the first thing you should avoid. I've tried it at first and although you will find that most of the drivers will get recognized and installed (I think about two or three components will remain uninstalled), they will crash your system or make it unstable and believe me, the worst thing for me was to uninstall FUJ* devices such way that they won't install automatically after restart. (They were causing BSOD, and still no one here said what they are for....)

Okay, can anybody tell me, who manufactured the Bluetooth in Celsius H240? Or who should I ask? Thanks.

Jack Torrance

Some driver hints...

Postby Jack Torrance » Fri Aug 25, 2006 9:33

Hello,

I found the Bluetooth driver on http://support.toshiba-tro.de/ (english site) under Bluetooth Information Center. I used that one for XP. They work, but if you try to manage the settings using the bluetooth button in the tray, the dialog won't work. I use Bluetooth to synchronise my Nokia mobile and for my Logitech headset and it works.
Second source for Audio driver is http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/dlh ... o%20CODECs
You can use the Vista Beta drivers they work. All other drivers I used are from the installation CD. Vista has updated the fingerprint sensor on its own.
My Vista installation works fine, only the shut down procedure ens always in bsod. It seems to be an BIOS problem, caused by the new shutdown routine in Vista. Hope there will be fast a newer release than 1.13
Another hint if you are searching for drivers is to have a look at the fujitsu site. Some notebook models have the same hardware and some drivers are newer.
Hope this helps.

May the force be with you.
Jack

uam

Postby uam » Mon Aug 28, 2006 21:55

One of the FUJ devices got drivers recently through Windows Update.
Unfortunately, the second FUJ device is the bluetooth and it causes the BSOD, as I think from my testing at the beginning.
Unfortunately I need to suspend and hibernate my computer and resume without BSODs so I have to live without bluetooth at the moment. :(

Yes, the fingerprint sensor was updated, but - does it work you?
Thanks for the audio driver tip, the vista drivers indeed works.
Also thanks for the Fujitsu site tip, however, how do I find which models have the same hardware?

I am the force.
Jan

Return to “CELSIUS Mobile Workstations”